Week in Review September 11, 2016

This post will be quite short I'm afraid because most of the week was very mundane with a lot of the same old stuff, work, more work, watching the grandkids, and visiting with my sisters and dad.  Please note that I didn't say the week was Boring, for it was a good week, but there was not a lot of "Aha!  I should blog about this" moments - nor do I have many pictures.

Kim got to celebrate Labor Day by having Sunday night off of work, which was very nice.  The Parrishes dropped by for a very nice visit.  Since Kim had to work Monday night I spent most of the day working on the computer and visiting my sister, Robin.

We were able to finish my bedroom door, and it looks GREAT!  I'm so excited!  Mont was a great help as he came over to supervise.



I taught a class for Lisa in Murray on Tuesday because her mother passed away.  Luckily it was a class that I had taught before so it didn't require a ton of preparation.

I got home from work early on Friday because we just had a long faculty meeting and then we were told to go home.  Kim and I spent the day running errands for family members,  We made keys for my dad since he lost his, and we made keys for his mother since she wanted to make sure everyone in the family had some.  Honestly I can't remember what else, but it seemed like we were running here and there all afternoon and evening.


Kalel's is "shopping" for Pokemons while Raelynn is demonstrating the art of shopping cart ballet!

My cousin found this fun picture of BJ when he was young.  We used to always go on a hayride for Thanksgiving with my Uncle Gary and all of the extended family.  He had a couple of big Morgan horses pull a wagon or sleigh, depending on the amount of snow.  This picture shows BJ "driving" the horses.  What a fun memory!


I didn't have the opportunity to attend the Peach Days activities this year because I was working at the hospital - a 14 hour shift filled with scary situations, a baby with jaundice, a very sick baby who got shipped to another hospital, and a very sick mom ready to deliver.  Needless to say, Kim, Shandra, Jason, and the kids had a much better experience than I did so I'm including their Peach Day fun pictures!

Kalel walked in the parade with The Peak doing gymnastics.  He is getting SO good!


 He also performed his gymnastics at Academy Square.  Today he says that his legs are so stiff and sore from all of that tumbling that he can hardly walk.  He moans and groans every time he has to go up or down the stairs.
Tons of fun at Peach Days

Jason & Shandra

Shandra and Kalel
I'm sorry I missed Peach Days, I do love visiting all of the booths, running into friends I haven't seen for a long time, and watching the kids enjoy the rides.  I am looking forward to next year when I can participate.

Today I surprised Kim by actually cooking dinner and making dessert.  Yes, it is true, I not only made dinner, but I made dessert too!  Granted, the dessert was brownies from a mix, but I still think it counts.  For dinner I made skillet hobo dinners, one of our favorites.  The amazing thing is that I didn't even mess it up!  Everything turned out okay.  However, I have no proof because I neglected to take any pictures, boo hoo!   

The BIGGEST news of all for the week:  I have officially gone 6 days without a Dr. Pepper!  That is truly a miracle because as everyone knows, I am a Dr. Pepper addict.  Earlier this week I was thinking about how proud I am of my sisters, Ash for not having alcohol for two years (awesome!) and Robin for going over two weeks without a cigarette.  I am so impressed with the sacrifice that they made that I decided that I should give up something in honor of them.  I knew that there was no way that I could do it alone, so I prayed and told the Lord that I could not do it.  I needed Him to take my cravings away and help me to resist the urge to grab a Dr. Pepper.  Since Dr. Pepper is found almost every where, and since I have tried and failed at quitting before, I knew that it would pretty much be impossible for me to do it.  However, I knew that I could do it if I had the Lord's help.  He must have felt that it was important for me to give up Dr. Pepper, because although I still think about drinking a Dr. Pepper, I DON'T HAVE ANY CRAVINGS!  And I have been able to withstand the temptation to drink one.  Even yesterday with the crazy day at the hospital I was able to resist.  Believe me, I have been sending up many prayers of gratitude as well as petitions for continued help.  

I did have some nasty withdrawal symptoms this week.  I had a killer headache for over two days and I was mighty irratable, but I survived.  I had a friend ask me if I was even going to give up "social drinking of Dr. Pepper" and I told her that I didn't really have an answer.  Right now I am not drinking it at all.  I am just taking one day at a time.  Who knows what the future will bring, but for right now, I am Dr. Pepper free.  Now there is just one problem, I can't figure out what to drink.  I am consuming tons of water, but can't find anything that just tastes good and feels satisfying.


THIS WEEK I AM GRATEFUL FOR: A loving God who cares enough about me that He would help me stop my Dr. Pepper addiction.

Comments

Jodi said…
Kudos to you for going without the Dr. Pepper!!! I am so impressed that even though you knew it would be impossible you also knew that you could still do it with the Lord's help! Most people would not have that much faith! Giving up those kind of things are so hard but you did it! And even if you decide to not make it a permanent thing, you KNOW you CAN do it!!! I'm so proud of you! I'm sure your sisters were a huge inspiration!
Missing Peach Days is so hard! I hate it when I can't get down there. I want your recipe for skillet Hobo Dinners. I have never heard of that and it sounds delish!
Kalel sounds like I did this week after running. He is so talented!
Love the door! AND Mont's supervision...hah

Popular posts from this blog

March 2021

Fun Day With Bubba

Mom is Coming Home