BJ and Les Miserables

There is a castle on a cloud,
I like to go there in my sleep,
Aren't any floors for me to sweep,
Not in my castle on a cloud.

There is a room that's full of toys,
There are a hundred boys and girls,
Nobody shouts or talks too loud,
Not in my castle on a cloud.

There is a lady all in white,
Holds me and sings a lullaby,
She's nice to see and she's soft to touch,
She says "Cosette, I love you very much."

I know a place where no one's lost,
I know a place where no one cries,
Crying at all is not allowed,
Not in my castle on a cloud.


BJ's angelversary - one of my least favorite days of the year.  It is the one day when I thoughts of the trauma and tragedy seem to find their way into my head no matter how hard I try to shut them out.  It is always a day when I feel nostalgic and I quite often find myself buried in the memories of my scrapbooks. This year I decided I wanted to spend the evening in "controlled" tears, so Shandra and I grabbed Jodi and we went to see Les Miserables.  It was perfect!  The theater was almost empty and all three of us sobbed and sobbed.  I thought about life with all of the hardships that people have to bear and I thought of death and the peace and comfort that I have knowing that life does go on after death and that we are joined with our loved ones in Paradise with our Savior.  


Do you hear the people sing
Lost in the valley of the night?
It is the music of a people
Who are climbing to the light.

For the wretched of the earth
There is a flame that never dies.
Even the darkest night will end
And the sun will rise.

They will live again in freedom
In the garden of the Lord.
They will walk behind the plough-share,
They will put away the sword.
The chain will be broken
And all men will have their reward.



I am so very grateful for the knowledge I have that BJ lives.  That he is in a wonderful place.  That he is happy.  That he has work to do there that not only involves missionary work and teaching others about the gospel, but also as a guiding force for our family.  What a blessing I have to have that knowledge.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March 2021

Fun Day With Bubba

Mom is Coming Home