Donny Again!

Friday, July 26, 2008

So, I just got back from the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Pioneer Commemorative Concert with the Osmonds as guests. It was an amazing experience! First of all, anytime I hear the Choir perform it is amazing, and when they are singing about patriotic or pioneer themes, I am usually overwhelmed by the spirit. Today was no exception. It was wonderful. Our seats were right down close, only 8 rows from the front, however they were way off to the side. We couldn’t see the actual performers very well, but we did get to see them up close as they emerged onto the stage. We got an up close look at both President Monson and President Uchtdorf as they entered and left the building. For a little while Donny was only a few feet from me!

The Osmonds were fantastic as usual. They performed several of their hits from their 50th Anniversary tour. I can’t believe how much I enjoyed them singing some of their old songs with their much more mature voices. Donny and Marie sang some songs together and even had the Tabernacle Choir join in on the last of “I’m a Little Bit Country”. Towards the end of the concert, the Osmond family sang "Through the Years" while showing pictures of their lives. It was so incredible that the entire congregation jumped to their feet for a standing ovation. The Conference Center was filled with people, so I’m sure that the Osmonds felt honored by the ovation, however the best part was that President Monson and President Uchtdorf and their wives also joined in the ovation. I can’t even imagine what it must feel like to have the Prophet of the Church stand and applaud. Apparently the Osmonds were touched also because every one of them was wiping away their tears.

This concert was so different from the concert that I went to in Las Vegas last week. In Vegas the show was fantastic – something that I will never forget. However, this concert was also incredible, mostly because we could feel Heavenly Father’s Spirit surrounding us.

Comments

Jen said…
Wow, how lucky to have been there in person and feel that spirit. I love the Choir and how they instantly bring the spirit. But patriotic and pioneer songs are on the top of the list. Have you gotten your Donny fix yet?
Jodi said…
Okay now just HOW in the heck did you get tickets you lucky girl!!! I tried on the lottery thing four months ago and nada! Waaaa...waaaa.....waaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!

Twice in like a week??? Now that just isn't playing fair!!!!

I am sooooooo stinkin' jealous!
Anonymous said…
So glad you got to come! For all your readers that didn't make it, (or in case you want to see it again) there are MANY rebroadcasts (go to my link).

The Osmond's are awesome. It was a tremendous weekend.

"May God keep you in his tender care, 'til He brings us together again!..."

Popular posts from this blog

March 2021

Mom is Coming Home

Fun Day With Bubba