A Quick Las Vegas Trip


Whew! What a whirlwind trip! Marilyn, Jalyn and I left Wednesday afternoon and drove to Mesquite, stayed the night there and then left for Vegas Thursday morning. We spent the day shopping at the outlets, checking into the MGM Grand Hotel, swimming and floating in the "lazy river" at one of the five pools at the hotel, and then after a late lunch we showered and got all beautified for our night with Donny and Marie. The next day we got up, got in the car and drove back to Brigham City. It was a fantastic trip, but a little too much driving in too few days for my taste!
Donny and Marie were wonderful, of course! The show was typical for Las Vegas, lots of bling, lights, dancing, and sequins. Both Donny and Marie even began the show dressed in silver and gold - Marie in 3" high heels and Donny in silver shoes that he claimed were mirrors! Both have incredible talents. Marie sang an aria that just about brought us to tears. They both did a ton of dancing. I was extremely amazed at their abilities to keep up with the rest of the dancers - and then have enough breath left to sing too! It goes without saying that Donny's performance was outstanding. It was definitely worth it to make the trip down there to see the show!

As you can see by the following picture I was fortunate enough to be called up on stage to take Marie's place on the last song.

Friday morning, Donny joined us on a tour of M&M World. He was just a fun guy to hang around with! I just wish he would have left the flashy suit and microphone at home!

Comments

Jodi said…
Oh I am SO jealous! It looks like it was sooo awesome! He looks
pu-retty nice in those duds too!

Now tell me...was that you on the stage or not! It really looks like you but the photo won't enlarge dang it! I saw the little winky guy, but still it could be you!
Jen said…
How fun! I am not a Donny fan but even I would be impressed with that performance. I want to know if that is you on stage too!
Audrey said…
I'll never tell!

Popular posts from this blog

March 2021

Fun Day With Bubba

Mom is Coming Home