Fun Friends and Good Times

Last Thursday was my sister, Roxane's birthday, and since she is the world's greatest scrapper, she invited me and several other friends to help her celebrate! First Marilyn and I joined Rox and her friend Anna at Utah Noodle for lunch. Then, since it was Thursday, we headed down for some great deals at Real Deal. These ladies are all fabulous decorators, so I just tagged along hoping that I some of their talent for making their homes so beautiful would rub off on me - no such luck! But I had fun watching them, seeing their creative minds churning, as they grabbed one trinket after another.

After shopping, we went back to Rox's house to get down to some serious scrappin'. After a short while, Jody joined us for the fun - and even learned a thing or too about scrappin'. We ate way too much, stayed up much too late, and created some great memory pages. I LOVE scrappin' with Rox. She is the best at putting together beautiful pages. Marilyn is good too, in fact we have to give her the title of the "Fastest Scrapper in the West". She can pump out pages faster than anyone I know!


After a very short work day Friday, Kim and I joined Harper and Janis and Mike and Tammy for a weekend up at the condo at Wolf Creek. In the past we three couples spent a weekend each spring together in St. George and one at Bear Lake in August. However, as our children grew and our lives became more and more crazy those fun trips seemed to take low priority to everything else we had to do. Unfortunately, it has been almost ten years since we have taken a trip all together. So, this weekend was a much anticipated and well deserved mini vacation.



Mike and Tammy couldn't stay the entire weekend (how sad), but they had a good excuse. Their entire family was meeting to accompany their youngest son, Jake, to take out his endowments in the Logan Temple.


On Saturday, Harp, Janis, Kim and I went up above Monte Cristo and went 4-wheelin'! There are no words to describe the beauty of the trees we saw. The fall colors were so vibrant that Harper couldn't resist saying over and over, "wow, this is sure beautiful! Look at the colors, they are so vibrant!" He must have said that 50 times! Of course, we couldn't disagree, because the colors were amazing. It is sad that we often go through our lives seeing the same things day after day without realizing the beauty that can often be found just around the corner. We are so fortunate to have such beauty as close as a few minutes drive. It really makes you appreciate God's insight when creating the world to give us such beauty and splendor.

We leisurely drove around the mountain for awhile, and then as we were heading back Kim asked me if I would like to drive. I was hesitant because it has been a V E R Y long time since I driven anything like that, but I agreed. OH WOW! I'm not sure that it was a good thing to let me drive - when I was on the back I enjoyed the scenery and the smells and the cool breeze. When I was driving, I FELT THE NEED FOR SPEED! Kim says that I became a crazed maniac! I kept looking over my shoulder and shouting at him, "I LIKE THIS, I REALLY LIKE THIS!" After we were finished, he stated that at times he was even nervous because I was going so fast! (The big chicken.) Anyway, I guess I have found another weakness of mine - darn it!

Comments

Jen said…
The mountains really are so beautiful this year! We really are lucky to have them so close to enjoy. It sounds like a really fun weekend. I'm glad you were able to go! And I would have loved to have seen you on that 4 wheeler! Maybe you need a bumper sticker that says "Eat my Dust!"
janis said…
another bumper sticker should be "you've just been passed by a girl"....fun times will never be forgotten...thanks again

Popular posts from this blog

March 2021

Fun Day With Bubba

Mom is Coming Home