This and That


I spent the day at the hospital with my dad today. He had an angiogram of his heart. Thankfully all of the work that he had done 4 years ago is still doing well. However, his heart is only contracting at about 1/2 of what it should, so the doctor is going to put him on some medication that should improve the contractions.



The other day my cute little Bubba walked into the house and announced to me that "I need a knife just like Buck" - after looking to his mother for translation, I understood that he wanted me to make him a knife just like Buck's in the movie "Ice Age, Age of the Dinosaurs". When I told him that I didn't make things like that, he informed me that Bob would do it. He has obviously learned already in his young age that Grandpa Bob can make anything! So, he patiently waited for several hours until Bob arrived, then met him at the door, "Bob, you make me a knife just like Buck". Bob, is so smart! He immediately found cardboad, markers, and tinfoil - the perfect tools for making a knife for a 3 year old.
Bubba LOVED IT! He carried it around for days, and even slept with it at night.

Going back to school has been extremely difficult and scary, but the thing that has gotten me through it is the fantastic new friends that I have made. Amber and I have almost become soul mates as we spend several hours a week studying together.

Angie and Stephanie have made physiology and microbiology bearable! We started studying at lunch each week, and now have made our "Taco Time" Wednesday's a weekly ritual.

If nothing else comes out of this adventure in school, I will count it as a fantastic experience because of my new great friends!

Comments

Doran & Jody said…
Yeah for dad!!!
Yeah for friends!!!
Doran & Jody said…
Oh, and yeah for non sharp knives.
Jen said…
As I have told you before, you are my hero! And Bubba's pretty lucky to have such a great (wonderful) grandpa.

Popular posts from this blog

March 2021

Fun Day With Bubba

Mom is Coming Home