It's Official!

Well, I finally got my letter from Eagle Gate College – I have been accepted into the nursing program! WooHoo!!! I have been waiting for this moment for a long time, and now that it is here I have very mixed emotions.

On the positive side:

Obviously I am thrilled to be accepted!

It is so nice to finally know for sure which direction I will be heading.

I truly am excited to start studying things directly related to my career choice.

I am now on the path that will eventually have an end.

I will be achieving a goal that I set many, many years ago.

Once again the way has been opened up in a way that confirms that this is what I am supposed to be doing.


On the negative side

It is going to take an enormous amount of work, homework, studies, hands-on practicals.

It is going to require an enormous amount of time, money, and sacrifices for not only me

but for my entire family.

What if I don’t have the stamina to see it through?

What is going to happen with the job I have now that I love?

I have to drive to Layton to attend classes – I hate driving.

I can only hope and pray that my parents will stay healthy through the next 15 months, because I cannot stop to take care of them.

Because I have faith that the Lord is behind me in this endeavor, I am going to (try to) push the fears aside and proceed. I know that faith and fear cannot exist at the same time, so I am choosing not to fear – at least not tonight!

Talley Ho! We are off!

Comments

Chelsea said…
Congrats!! You'll do great I'm sure. Your family is all backing you too.
Doran & Jody said…
Woot! Woot!
Yippikiyeah!

Want me to plan your meals for you and then your family can cook?

If so..I will get Chelsea right on that.
tammy said…
Congrats Audrey! This will be a lot of hard work but well worth it, you will be an awesone nurse.
That's so exciting!! Don't be nervous! You can do it!! Congratulations!!

Popular posts from this blog

March 2021

Fun Day With Bubba

Mom is Coming Home