Time Capsule Letters

In 2006 our family decided to write ourselves letters on what we anticipated would happen over the next five years. Last night we got to open the letters. I have to say that it was mighty scary to open those letters, yet the anticipation was overwhelming! It was truly amazing to me that I honestly had no idea what I would find once they were opened, because I could not remember anything that I had written! In surveying the rest of the family, their feeling mimicked mine.

We each opened our own letter at the very same time. There were exclamations of unbelief, groans, as well as a lot of laughter! Here is a sample:

Kim:

I will still be alive

I will still be married

I will have grand children

(pretty safe, right?)

I will be happier than I am now.

I will still have all of my digits (fingers)


Tasha obviously suffers from delusions of grandeur:


I will be in/out of college – in California

I will be getting a major in English

I will be doing odd jobs so we can pay for a trip around
the world

I will have written 3 books, all best-sellers

I will have met a famous person

Shandra’s was a little more brief:

I will be living in a 3-bedroom house (we told her that she has done better than that since she lives with us in a 4-bedroom house

I will have a child

There will be no wars and we will have world peace (apparently she suffers from those same delusions of grandeur as her sister!)


My list

I will be the grandmother of one adorable child – plus soon expecting one more

I will still be doing Stampin’ Up!

I will still be working for Dr. Dibble & Raquel

My mother will no longer be living and my dad will be dating (WOW, this one was a shocker!)

I will have new kitchen cabinets and new carpet (obviously I have been waiting for them for a very long time! Still don’t have them!)
Obviously none of us should change careers to become fortune tellers! However it was a way fun activity and one that I think we will repeat again.

Comments

susette said…
What a fabulous idea! I wonder if I could get my adult children to participate in this activity. I may must try it :)

Popular posts from this blog

March 2021

Fun Day With Bubba

Mom is Coming Home