St George with the Girls!

Is there anything more fun that spending a few days with a bunch of crazy ladies?  I don't think so!  I have always wanted to go to the Tuacahn Theater in St. George.  The theater is an outdoor amphitheater that presents Broadway quality shows.  This year they are doing "Hairspray" and "Aladdin".  We heard that Disney is only allowing Aladdin to be performed in two places, one of which is at Tuacahn, so we knew that it would be fantastic.

We planned on a fun time with the girls at the office, but unfortunately Terri got very sick and had to cancel at the last minute.  We scrambled to find a replacement, and after some earnest prayer it became apparent that Jody was supposed to join us.
Marilyn, Jalyn, Jody, Audrey
We had so much fun!  We laughed and laughed as we played games.  My friend, Kim, who lives near St. George joined us for dinner and games.  It was great to visit with her again!
My college roommate, Kim

We decided to go to the St. George temple where we did initiatory.  It was exactly what I needed!  I had been struggling with some things, and during the initiatory I felt the Spirit so strong that my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ know me personally, are aware of my struggles, and are there to call on when I need help.  I can't remember a time when I have felt so strongly that God is aware of me personally.  It was incredibly wonderful!
Tuacahn
Unfortunely, just as we were driving to Tuacahn, we were hit with a huge storm.  We checked the Tuacahn website that said we should still come to the theater, and it would be decided if the show could go on or not.  "Hairspray" was scheduled to start at 8:45, and we waited around until after 10 waiting for them to decide.  Since it is an outdoor theater, they finally decided that it was too dangerous for the actors to perform in the storm, and we were told that we could either have a refund, or we could come back in 2 days.  We were EXTREMELY tempted to try to stay for the 2 days, but we just couldn't seem to make it work out, so we requested a refund.  Needless to say, we were very disappointed!
The next night we did get to see Aladdin - and it was fantastic!  The talent was incredible!  And the special effects were phenomenal!  It was very interesting being in an outdoor theater.  I was worried about the sound, afraid that I wouldn't be able to hear very well, but there were no problems at all.  I will definitely go again!
My wonderful friends, Jalyn, Marilyn, and Jody made this trip especially wonderful.  Their advice, wisdom, and good example are just what I need to keep an optimistic view in life.  I love them so much!  Thanks girls for a fabulous trip!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March 2021

Fun Day With Bubba

Mom is Coming Home