Wonderful Weekend

Busy, busy weekend. Saturday we stated off the day with some landscaping projects.  Luckily we had Bubba to give us a hand.
 First of all, we planted a couple of lilac bushes.  I absolutely love the smell and look of lilacs.  I had a bush when we lived in Perry (our horse Jake kept it trimmed for us).  Thinking back, I don't know why I didn't plant one as soon as we moved into this house - I must have lost my mind for several years.  I can't wait for them to start producing flowers!
 Next, we started our next big - okay more like HUGH - project.  I have hated the corner of the grass where the driveway and sidewalk meet.  It seems like nothing grows well there, and it is such a sharp corner it is difficult to maneuver.  Well, the decision to change that corner seemed to grow until we soon had a major project going. 
Starting point

Kim working very hard.


 Kim and I worked very hard almost all afternoon, but then we had to clean up to attend the cultural celebration for the temple.  The theme of the celebration was "A Harvest of Faith" and included song and dance from over 4,000 youth in the Brigham City temple district.  It was so amazing to see so many youth performing - especially knowing that each one of them had to sacrifice numerous hours for rehearsals.
After the celebration, we rushed off to Home Depot and bought some stones for our project.  It was nice and cool working into the late hours, using a spotlight for light.  Shanne stopped by with drinks for us, and stayed and kept us entertained while we were working.

 I pushed Kim long and hard that day - until almost 2:30 a.m.!  We were very dirty and sore, but felt very rewarded for our work.
 This is what it looks like in the daylight!  I will be adding a lot more plants - especially my favorite daisies - in the days to come.  The goal is to have so many plants and flowers that I won't have to do much weeding!
After only a few hours of sleep, we got up, picked up my dad, and met Kim's mother at her stake center for the service that has been long awaited - the dedication of the Brigham City Temple.  
 President Boyd K. Packer placed the first mortar into the cornerstone, and then Elders L. Tom Perry and Russell M. Nelson and their wives placed some mortar along with some other church officials.  President Packer spoke and said the dedicatory prayer.  It was a very special service.  They repeated the service - with different speakers two more times during the day, each time saying the exact same dedicatory prayer.    Our temple is now officially ready for performing the ordinances and covenants that "enable us to live in the presence of God" (lds.org).  I am so excited to be able to feel the peace that I have each time I attend the temple.  Just driving by it each day makes me feel happy.
 I'm so glad that I could spend the day with my cute mother-in-law, Joan and my dad!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March 2021

Fun Day With Bubba

Mom is Coming Home