Snow and Cars

So, the weather has been crazy!  Snow one day, 70 degrees the next.  

One day Kalel and Kim had a fantastic time playing in the leaves.  The next day - the leaves were buried under snow!



Our temple district was asked to fast last Sunday for more moisture and I believe that the Lord will hear that petition.  Since I am now working in Ogden and I HATE driving in snow I decided to do something that I have been thinking about for 3 years.  I bought myself a Subaru.  Every where I go I have heard how wonderful Subaru's are for driving in the snow.  I really didn't want to get into a car payment again, but when I found this used one for only $5200 I jumped at that chance.



 Obviously it isn't a new car, it is a 2004 with 149,000 miles, but it is new to me and I am quite excited!  It has a trailer hitch and a luggage rack so we won't have to always borrow a truck if we need to haul anything.  Yesterday Kim found a small trailer that he bought, so we are set!  

It was hard to give up the Grand Am - I have driven that car for 12 years!  But, I was blessed to have it sold in just one hour after putting the ad on KSL.com!  A Latino couple came with cash in hand.  It was funny because I didn't let the man know that I spoke Spanish, but while he was test driving, his wife got out of their car and asked if she could use the bathroom.  As I was speaking to her, I realized that she didn't speak much English, so I switched to Spanish.  When the man got back, he heard me speaking Spanish, and pretty much the rest of the transaction was done in Spanish!  Isn't that a hoot?  The best part was that he complimented me on my pronunciation - he said it was perfect!  He said that it was better than most Americans who speak Spanish.  I'm pretty sure that he was just being nice - but I'm happy about it anyway.  

Just for the record - yesterday I had almost 4" of snow on my car when I got off work.  I think I am going to be glad that I have my Subaru!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March 2021

Fun Day With Bubba

Mom is Coming Home