Decorating the Christmas Tree

Tasha and Zane arrived the night before Thanksgiving - just in time to decorate the Christmas tree.  They were great helpers!
 Of course - my other best helpers, Shandra & Kalel were there too!  
Zane & Kalel had a great thing going.  Zane would attach hooks on the ornaments and then Kalel would put them on the tree.

  I caused quite a traumatic event this year - I got new ornaments!  We have had the same two sets of decorations for 30 years.  We would alternate one year with homemade ornaments and then the next year we would use glass balls.  Apparently tampering with traditions is dangerous work!
 It was funny to watch Tasha as she almost bit her tongue off trying not to make any negative comments about the new decorations.  Shandra on the other hand didn't even try to hold back her comments!  I chose not to let their negativity spoil our fun - and we found plenty of fun things to laugh about and fun memories to recall.

  This picture makes it look like Kim was an involved participant in the decorating - but don't let it fool you!  His job was just to continually make sarcastic comments that kept us laughing!

For the last three years for some reason at the end of every decorating session Kalel and Tasha have to hang an ornament on their backsides and do a booty dance.   I'm not exactly sure how or why that tradition started!

 I don't care what my girls think - I love my Christmas tree this year!  And since I am home alone most of the time, my opinion is the one that matters!  It makes me so happy to have it lighting up my living room.
 A couple of nights later, we joined Bubba while he decorated his very own Christmas tree in his bedroom.  I think it looks GREAT!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March 2021

Fun Day With Bubba

Mom is Coming Home