Donny & Marie

 Fun date for Kim and I!  On the day after Christmas we hopped the Frontrunner train and rode to Salt Lake.  Riding the Frontrunner was so nice!  On the train we could just relax, no worrying about traffic or the weather.  Since it was snowing, I especially enjoyed the ride, since I normally panic anytime I am driving in snow!
 We caught Trax and headed to the new City Creek Mall, we did a little sightseeing and grabbed some treats at Kneaders.  The view of the Salt Lake Temple from the mall was incredible!
 From the mall we walked across the street and spent some time at Temple Square to see the lights.  We haven't been to Temple Square for several years, so it was very nice to wander around and take in the beautiful lights, listen to the recorded Christmas Story message, and see and hear all of the wonderful displays and messages in the visitor's center.
Later that evening, Jodi and Dave Wilding met us and we headed to a wonderful sandwich shop called Nauvoo in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building.  The food was excellent and we had a perfect view of the lights at Temple Square from our table.  



After dinner we walked to Abravenel Hall for the main event - the Donny and Marie Christmas Concert.  Jodi is SO much fun to go with - she is CRAZY and not afraid to do goofy things.  She insisted that we get pictures with Donny - and I was quick to agree!





The concert was FABULOUS!  I have no idea how both Donny and Marie have so much energy!  They dance, talk, joke, and of course sing non-stop for 2 1/2 hours!  They are the ultimate entertainers.
Marie sang "Climb Every Mountain" from the Sound of Music, even Kim said "WOW"!  She is so talented and can sing many different styles of music including pop, country, and opera.
And of course Donny was AMAZING!  I think that he gets better every time I see him!  At one point he came out into the audience - 2 rows behind us.  I was fortunate to get to slap hands with him.  Dave told both Jodi and I that he was just glad that we didn't climb over the seats to go hug Donny - and we both admitted that we were tempted!  But, we restrained ourselves (and preserved our dignity!)

I had an absolutely fantastic time!  I am so glad that I was able to share the day with my wonderful husband as well as spending good times with our friends, Dave and Jodi.

Comments

Jodi said…
Ha ha! It was soooo much fun!!! We had a total blast! Thank you so much for inviting us! I wanted to go back each night they were performing. I can never get enough of them! Thanks for a great time!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

March 2021

Fun Day With Bubba

Mom is Coming Home