BJ's 30th Birthday

WOW!  I honestly can't believe that it has been 30 years since my son was born!  I remember it as if it were yesterday!  I was supposed to be the honored guest at a baby shower with about 30 friends and family members - but, they had the party without me as I spent the evening in the hospital "enjoying" intense contractions.  It was a long night, but worth ever bit of pain when BJ was placed in my arms!  He had the cutest cone head from coming posterior.  He had long, blonde hair that was almost silver.  And, he was perfect in my eyes!  He wasn't quite perfect physically, however.  He had a congenital hip, meaning that the hip socket hadn't fully formed, so he had to wear 4-5 diapers at a time to keep his hip in place.  He also had a hard time eating because he was tongue-tied, but once his tongue was clipped, he was good as new!

Once BJ started walking and talking, he never stopped!  Keeping up with him was a full-time chore!  He was running at 9 months old, and could recognize all of the letters of the alphabet by the time he was 2 1/2.  Even as a baby he was never content to be alone, he always wanted someone to be interacting with him.  He loved, loved, loved to laugh and smile!  And there is no one in the world who gives better bear hugs!

This year Tasha decided that she wanted to learn more about her brother, so she made a Facebook page dedicated to his memories.  It has been so fun to read everyone's comments and memories!  I hope that the comments continue.

Every year to celebrate BJ's birthday we get together as a family and play games - BJ's favorite activity.  However, this year, we just couldn't pull it off - Tasha and Zane are in Cedar City and Kim and I had to work, so we are planning to go to the condo next week for a few days of serious game playing!












We were able to take a some balloons up to BJ's grave - well as close as we could get, the snow was so deep that the headstone was actually covered!  We sang happy birthday and let the balloons fly up to heaven.

Comments

Camilla said…
Oh Audrey, I have to say that I have thought of you so much these last nine years. BJ was such a good friend. Your memories of him as a baby are so cute, and they remind me that mothers are always mothers to their babies...even their 30-year-old babies :)...whether they are here on earth or not. You are such a great example of strength and faith.

Popular posts from this blog

March 2021

Fun Day With Bubba

Mom is Coming Home