August Challenge Day 1: Your favorite song

My all time favorite song is a hymn:  “I Stand All Amazed”

I love this song because it expresses exactly how I feel.  I feel so amazed that Jesus Christ would descend from his home in heaven to suffer, to die, and to atone for me.  I am amazed of the love that He feels for each of us.  That He came into this world to make it possible for each of us to be resurrected and to live with Him and our Heavenly Father.  This song feels very personal to me, that even though He did these things for all of us – He would have done them all for me alone, if that is what was required. 

I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me,
Confused at the grace that so fully he proffers me.
  I tremble to know that for me he was crucified,
Download Gethsemane (600Wx1002H)  That for me, a sinner, he suffered, he bled and died.
(Chorus)
Oh, it is wonderful that he should care for me
  Enough to die for me!
  Oh, it is wonderful, wonderful to me!

  I marvel that he would descend from his throne divine
To rescue a soul so rebellious and proud as mine,
  That he should extend his great love unto such as I,
  Sufficient to own, to redeem, and to justify.

  I think of his hands pierced and bleeding to pay the debt!
Such mercy, such love and devotion can I forget?
  No, no, I will praise and adore at the mercy seat,
  Until at the glorified throne I kneel at his feet.


Text and music: Charles H. Gabriel, 1856-1932

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March 2021

Fun Day With Bubba

Mom is Coming Home