August Challenge Day 19: Are you a fitness guru or couch potato, talk about exercise habits

I am definitely a “wanna-be” fitness guru!  In my heart I am totally into exercise.  I see myself as someone who likes to swim, to play sports,
and . . . deep inside I see myself as a runner.

I love the feeling after a good work-out (ok, perhaps I just imagine I love that feeling) 
  However, for some reason, my body is not in alignment with my mind.  My body moans and groans and threatens to cause total collapse if I even step out of the door with my tennis shoes on.  

I know, I know, if I would let my mind be in control for just a short while my body would soon join the ranks and get into shape.  That is a GREAT theory!  Too bad my body’s will seems to be in control at the current time!

Here are my excuses for not getting into shape (everyone knows that they are not valid reasons – just excuses)
1.       I work crazy schedules.  It is extremely hard to get into an exercise routine when my work schedule fluctuates so much.
2.       I don’t have anyone to be my exercise partner – mostly because I don’t have a schedule (see #1)
3.       I think and plan, and think and plan, but can’t come up with the “best” exercise program for me, so I don’t do anything.
4.       The longer it goes the harder it is to get started exercising again. 
5.       I’m pretty much lazy


If anyone in blogging land has a desire to take on the challenge to transform me into someone who is fit and in good shape, I all for it!  I’d even pay!  Until someone takes me by the hand and forces  encourages me, I’m pretty much a couch potato.

Comments

Jodi said…
Hey there's a Witch Run coming up in Sept sometime IF they still go ahead with it! It will be FUN and no one is worrying about time! So get out your broom and take it for a few spins!!! Making exercise fun is the only way to do it!!!
Ill let you know more when I hear!
Jodi said…
And do not forget sista....YOU ARE THE REASON I RUN!!!

Popular posts from this blog

March 2021

Fun Day With Bubba

Mom is Coming Home