Teaching a Relief Society Class

This past week I had the opportunity to teach a class in Relief Society entitled "How to Remember Your Loved Ones in Heaven During the Holidays".  I always feel both humbled and honored when I am asked to speak.  I try hard to speak the things that I feel the Lord would have me say - and I'm not going to lie, it makes me feel really good when people come up and compliment me when I am finished.  (I probably shouldn't rely so much on the compliments of others, but I do enjoy them!)
Jodi was kind enough to take this picture!
Despite how it looks, there were many ladies in attendance, there was just no one sitting on the front row.

  I think that this topic could have been a very difficult one, but for some reason I never felt stressed or nervous about it.  I started out talking about grief in general and why it is important that we feel grief.  I shared a wonderful statement from Elder Lance B. Wickman who said, "Grief is the natural by-product of love.  One cannot selflessly love another person and not grieve at his suffering or eventual death.  They only way to avoid the grief would be to not experience the love; and it is love that gives life its richness and meaning."

I then read one of my very favorite books entitled, "Tear Soup"

I ended by sharing some fun ways to remember our loved ones, and even typed up a handout with a list of ways that I found online.

I'm grateful that I was able to do this!  I understand very well how hard it is to celebrate the holidays when you are grieving and missing someone special.  I am so grateful that the Lord gave me the talent of sharing and perhaps easing someone's burden.  How blessed I feel!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March 2021

Fun Day With Bubba

Mom is Coming Home