Life Update

The past month has been crazy, busy, but very good! First of all my handsome, young Bubba got a new church suit and a "skull" tie.  I'm pretty sure that he is the most handsome boy in the whole ward!

We had the great opportunity to present the production "The Ten Virgins" by Emily Freeman again, this time for our ward and a neighboring ward.  I honestly believe that it means more to me each time that I do it!
I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to participate in this wonderful production.  Hopefully I can work on having plenty of oil on hand and be prepared for the time when the bridegroom comes.

 We had a great excursion to the Heritage Theater to see
A fantastic musical!
Our group included Shandra and Bubba, Robin and Corbin, and Ashley and Tristan.  All of the boys did very well and enjoyed the first half of the play, but it is a very long play and they started getting tired during the last half.  Corbin and Bubba were both very excited that several of the cast members work at their school, in fact the narrator is Bubba's reading partner!

I got a FANTASTIC surprise from Tasha and Zane - they sent us airfare so that Kim and I could fly out to visit them in San Diego!  Shandra and Bubba were already planning a trip, so we coordinated and made plans for May.  Shandra's boyfriend, Jay, will also be joining us.  
Add caption
My sister Ashley has been talking about taking Tristan to Legoland in San Diego, so her family is also going to join us!  I can't wait!

 Party Time!

I had another surprise this month.  Shandra arranged and paid for me to get eyelashes!  One of my faults is that I am so vain that I hate myself without make-up.  I have short, fine, and very blonde eyelashes so I always feel that I have to coat my eyes with mascara to even see my eyelashes.  This was a fun surprise!  I love them.  It was a little irritating to have them put on, but since then I don't even feel them.  It is so fun to get up in the morning and have eyelashes!


I believe that I have the most generous daughters in the world.  I am so blessed that they give me so much!  I LOVE THEM!

Jay and Shandra took Kim and I out to dinner at Teppanyaki's Japanese Grill.  It is a very fun place where the chef's cook all of your food on a grill right at your table.  The chef's are very talented with knives and spatulas!  They even cooked shrimp and then flipped it into each guest's mouth.  Jay was the definite expert - he caught two shrimp in his mouth.  Kim on the other hand was so tricky that he caught his in his glasses!  It was so fun, and the food was incredibly good!





I had another big surprise this month.  I was asked to put together and direct a three-ward choir for stake conference.  This is a huge honor for me - mostly because I feel that those who have directed these choirs in the past have been very knowledgeable and skilled in music talent.  However, I am thrilled with the opportunity!  I have chosen the songs and we start practicing next week.  I hope and pray that we have a good turnout! 

Remodeling update:

No, it still isn't finished, but I can start to see that there may be an end one day!  Jay and Shandra came over and helped and we were able to get the new family room floor completely laid and all of the crown molding painted and hung.  We only need to paint and install the base boards, run wiring for the TV, and then we can get rid of the saw and the sawdust.  And then - ta da!  We can start moving furniture into the room.  I can't wait!


I got these pictures to hang above our bed and I LOVE them!  They are my constant reminder of the paradise I feel when I am basking in the sun in the Caribbean.  I really love the tropics!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March 2021

Fun Day With Bubba

Mom is Coming Home