Remodeling Update

I have been very neglectful in posting because . . . Ta Da! . . . among other things I have been spending time sitting in and enjoying my NEW family room!  Hooray!  I need to do just a little bit of touch-up painting, hide the TV cords, build shelves and of course a lot of cleaning up of tools and stuff (that needs to wait until the next phase is completed).

I cannot express my joy in having this perfectly wonderful space!  I LOVE the colors that I chose, it makes me feel so warm and cozy,

Here are pictures with actual furniture in the room:

Please excuse all of the stuff on the kitchen cabinets - that is the temporary
storage place for misc tools, etc.
 Next up is tackling the living room and entry way.  We decided to remove the wood paneling that has covered the east wall since we moved in.  Ashley, Tristan, and Bubba were all very helpful in making sure that all of the nails were removed.
Ashley is keeping Kim in line.



Imagine our surprise when we discovered that there was a gas fireplace insert under the paneling!  We had suspected that there might be a box cut out for a fireplace, but this has everything, the logs, the wiring, and the piping!



I AM SO EXCITED!   I have wanted a fireplace forever - and to think that there was one there all along!  Of course we won't even try to hook it up or use it until a professional checks it out, but even if we don't use it for awhile at least it is there to look at!

This last Saturday we went to yard sales and found some great finds.  I have had a great chair that I got from Kim's Grandma Jensen that I have want to recover for ages.  When I found this other great chair I decided that now is the time.  I painted them both black and found some fun fabric.  I'm pretty excited at how they both turned out!  Now I need to get the living room finished so I have somewhere to put them!

Comments

Jodi said…
W O W ! It's looking great. I can't believe someone would cover a fireplace over with paneling! That's so cool you decided to rip it off so you could discover that! Love the chairs too. You are on a roll for sure!

Popular posts from this blog

March 2021

Fun Day With Bubba

Mom is Coming Home