Misc December Memories


Remodel update
We finally got my living room put together!  (It isn't completely done, but done enough that we can use it!)  The fireplace turned out fantastic!  
The carpet is fabulous!  We got extra thick pad so it is very soft.
 I broke down and bought new furniture - got a fantastic deal, I think!  
 The bookshelf at the top of the stairs is absolutely beautiful!  Kim used the same flooring that is in the kitchen for the top.  All of my scrapbooks fit with lots of room to spare.
It feels so glamorous in the living room!  It almost doesn't feel like it should be mine - but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!  My only problem now is how to decorate it.

The ward Christmas Party found us sitting on Santa's lap!  It was a wonderful party where the primary children and YMYW performed a live nativity.


Bonnie, Jodi, Santa, Audrey, Marilyn, and Ashley

New Stake President and Bishopric

We knew that a we were getting a new stake presidency, and not many people were surprised that our bishop, David Wilding, was called as the new stake president.   
Elder M. Russell Ballard of the Twelve Apostles was here and issued the call. 
(I stole this picture from Jodi)
I completely sustain President Wilding in this new calling and know that he will do a marvelous job, but sometimes I just do not know what to call him.  I have known him as "Dave" for more that 30 years, and is it difficult at times to use his other titles (Doctor, Bishop, President). 

Elder Ballard challenged President Wilding to call a new bishopric before Christmas.  I am thrilled with the men the Lord called to serve in this capacity.  Mont Parrish was called as bishop, Johnny Hepworth as first counselor, and Alan Chapman as second counselor. 
Because Mont is the new bishop, his wife Marilyn will no longer be able to serve as relief society president.  I understand why, but am very sad for her to be released.  She has done a phenomenal job and it will be difficult to fill her shoes.  However, I'm sure that whoever is called will do a great job.

Box Elder Symphonic ChoirI was able to perform in the annual Symphonic Choir Christmas performance on the Sunday before Christmas.  It was so awesome to be part of that great show.  I really enjoy singing with this choir and feel that they put on a good performance.  The Parrishes joined Shandra and Kim in the audience, and they all said that they loved it!  What a perfect way to start off Christmas week!

Comments

Jodi said…
Your remodel is absolutely beautiful! I am soooooooooo happy for you that you have such a gorgeous new space to enjoy! You guys worked so dang hard for it and so you better enjoy it now!
So crazy to read what you wrote about Dave being the new Stake Pres. Just hasn't sunk in yet I guess! hahah

Popular posts from this blog

March 2021

Fun Day With Bubba

Mom is Coming Home