Twists and Turns (Funerals, Sisters, and Jobs)

I have commented before on the fact that I often feel like life is just a big rollercoaster - giant hills to climb, rushing so fast down the slopes that it is hard to catch your breath, twists and turns roll you over and under and slam you from one side to the other side. 

Recent events have reinforced the rollercoaster feeling.  Last Tuesday Ashley's father-in-law, Terry, passed away suddenly.  It was a very sad week, and I'm afraid that the Braegger family has a long period of mourning and adjustment ahead of them. 

Friday night Kim and I attended the viewing and gave all of the support we could to Ashley.  Julie met us there and we hung out for awhile before Julie and I headed to the condo to meet Roxane and begin our FIRST ANNUAL SISTERS RETREAT!  Several months ago we decided that we sisters don't get to spend enough time together in a relaxed atmosphere so that we can stay close.  Family is important, and we decided that we need to make sure that our bonds are stong.

I was able to get our Wolf Creek condo for the weekend and we each took a turn being in charge of meals.  Other than that, there was no agenda.  Julie, Rox and I went up Friday night, Robin and Ashley came up after the funeral on Saturday and Julie left Saturday evening so that she could take her family on a trip to San Diego the next day.  Rox spent a lot of the weekend making the cutest cards out of fabric and paper.  We played several games, ate yummy junk food, and laughed and laughed.  You know that deep belly laugh that has your whole body shaking?  We did that for hours!  What a wonderful release!  We talked and talked and talked and made a fun simple craft.  We stayed up much too late but were having such a great time no one wanted to quit!









The most life changing event - one that has left my heart racing and my stomach full of butterflies - happened Friday morning.  I was at clinicals and the program administrator, Sally, came in to visit.  She often drops in to check on us, so I wasn't surprised.  However, as she started talking I realized that she was not just checking in.  She began the conversation with the words, "I'm here to make your life more complicated".  And then she dropped a bombshell on me. 

She stated that she was aware that I had accepted a teaching position with another school, and she apologized for not talking with me sooner but that she had to wait until the plans were firmly in place.  Apparently Eagle Gate is re-opening the Layton campus and is going to start a bachelor's nursing program.  They will be admitting students 3 times a year.  Sally offered me an amazing job to help Sue, a fantastic instructor and great friend, start up the program in Layton and to teach fundamental and OB classes.  The positives to working with Sally and Sue in this capacity are too numerous to name! 

Needless to say, this incredible news was not without some trepidation.  I had already accepted the position at the other school, and I know that I could work well there - and besides that - I HATE disappointing anyone so telling that school I changed my mind was more than difficult.  Also the commute to Eagle Gate will be an extra 20 minutes each way, not a deal breaker, but something to think about.

Later that day Sally was able to send me the details of the job offer and I could waiver no more.  Eagle Gate it is!  What a serendipitous opportunity!

Actually, the thing I am struggling with the most right now is the fact that I am not sure what I have done to warrant getting two fabulous offers!  So many people struggle to get good jobs, and I just had two offers without even seeking them! I feel so humbled and blessed that the Lord truly must be mindful of me.  When He prompted me to go to nursing school, and especially to attend Eagle Gate when it didn't seem like the best choice at first.  He knew that this opportunity would be available to me if I just followed the course. 

I am so blessed!

Comments

Jodi said…
Holy WOW! That gave goosebumps reading how your job offer happened! This has been in the works since you felt inspired to go back to school! I can't wait to see what other amazing things come your way!
So sad about Ashley's fil. But glad she was able to have some fun!

Popular posts from this blog

March 2021

Fun Day With Bubba

Mom is Coming Home