Food 4 Thought Friday!

Food Thought Friday! 
A little feast without the calories!! 

Please visit Jodi's blog!  She posts these for us.   Feel free to play along for some yummy fun! She will post a new one each Thursday night.JOIN IN!!! 

Food 4 Thought Friday ~ This week's questions: 
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ 


Breakfast ~ Where does your mind wander when there is nothing pressing on it? 

Is there ever a time when nothing is pressing on my mind?  I'm not sure that there is!  I guess I can say that if my mind wanders it is usually about whatever fun activities I am "in" to at the moment.  I think about family history, I daydream about finally getting the house totally remodeled, I relive great vacations and mentally plan new ones, and think of an ever growing list of projects that I could accomplish if only I had time, money, and talent!

Lunch ~  What is one of the hardest things you do each day?

One of the hardest things I do each day is drive (or ride in a car).  I hate the time spent in a car and if I could have one magical gift I think it would be to be able to snap my fingers and immediately arrive at my destination.  I believe it might be due to the fact that I am a huge multitasker and in the car all you can do is concentrate on driving (or maybe sing at the top of your lungs).  Even when I only have to drive a few blocks or any short distance, I struggle and wish that I could just "poof" myself there.  That is one of the reasons I am not totally 100% happy about my new job, I will have to drive 40 miles each way to get there.  Audible books are going to be my lifesaver!

Dinner ~ When did you last feel fear?  Why?

Fear has many different meanings.  There is the fear you feel when at a scary movie.  There is the fear that you feel when you are alone at night and you hear a strange sound.  There are fears and phobias that cause one to resist climbing high or speaking in public.  There is also the very real fear of not succeeding or being good enough. 

I don’t watch many scary movies, so going to a theater is usually a safe place where I don’t feel fear.  I honestly can’t remember (knock on wood) the last time I felt afraid of a sound or something that made me fear for my life.  I have several phobias, and I feel the fear from them routinely – if I can’t avoid the situations.  I quite often feel fear when travelling in a car because I am phobic about getting in an accident.  I strive not to put myself in a situation where I feel the fear of heights. 

The fear I feel most is the fear of not measuring up, of not being all that I can be.  This is an almost constant fear and one that I work on daily.  I strive to not compare myself to others because that is a no-win situation. 

One thing that I do NOT fear anymore is dying.  Yes, I would like to be closer to perfect when I die, and I don’t like the idea of suffering during the dying process.  But since BJ died, I am no longer afraid.  I look forward to living in heaven, to be with BJ and others that I love.  I look forward to being in world where Satan is not and to feel the tangible love of my Brother, Jesus Christ. 

Midnight Snack ~ Was there something you felt inspired to do this week and did it?  Didn't do it? What were the results?  

I don’t think I have an answer for this question this week.

Recipe of the Week ~ (instead of your recipe for life what is it just for the week?)  

This week I plan to continue attending Jazzercise classes (this is a BIG goal because I am so out of shape!) and to continue dejunking and organizing.  

Comments

Jodi said…
Yea! Thanks for playing!!!
Tell Kim he is slacking off and he better get on the band wagon next week! hehe
Great answers! I love what you wrote about fears. Very poignant! I have to say I am still a little afraid of dying though!

Popular posts from this blog

March 2021

Fun Day With Bubba

Mom is Coming Home