Avoiding a Smelly Situation


Whew!  That was close – in fact it was much too close for comfort!
I was walking out my door, very early of course, and it was still dark.  Luckily I had left the porch light on or I may have stumbled blindly into a very bad situation.  I walked along the house to the driveway and then along the front end of the driver’s side of the car.  I had just passed the rear view mirror when I looked up and noticed this:

It had just come out of my daisies and was headed right toward me!  Suddenly we both stopped – he looked right at me and then RAISED HIS TAIL!

I, of course, at this time realized how precarious my situation was.  This skunk was less than 10 feet from me, tail raised, and ready to fire.  Panic overwhelmed me!  I stood there frozen unable to move.  Thank goodness my vocal cords were frozen also because I didn’t scream. 

Finally my brain started to function and ever so slowly I started moving backward, staying right next to the car to hopefully camouflage my movements.  I moved around to the front of the car where I could no longer see my adversary.  I froze in place there for what seemed like hours and then I very carefully sneaked back to the side of the car, opened the door, climbed in, slammed the door and raced out of the area. 

My heart was racing!  I knew that I has just escaped an awful, terrible, horrible experience.  The rest of the morning I continued to relive that awful moment when the skunk raised his tail while looking straight at me.  My imagination was running rampant with visions of tomato and vinegar baths as well as hours and days of dealing with the nauseating smell.

Whew!



Comments

Jodi said…
OH WOW! Lucky girl!

Popular posts from this blog

March 2021

Fun Day With Bubba

Mom is Coming Home