Week In Review


Last Sunday was the Superbowl.  I'm not really sure why but for some reason I really enjoy watching the Superbowl game.  This year it was the Denver Broncos vs the Carolina Panthers.  For many years Kim and I have attended super fun SuperBowl parties with friends, but this year Kim had to work and I made plans to celebrate and enjoy the game alone.  But Kim had other plans, he decided to go into work late and watch the game with me.  It was one of the best games we have watched for a long time.  The Panthers were favored to win, but the Broncos ended up as victors.  It was fun watching the game with Kim.

This week Kalel was named Athlete of the Month at the Peak!  He got to share pictures and stories of his athletic life.

Kim's mother was discharged from the hospital this week.  She isn't quite strong enough to go home so she was admitted to a rehab facility that is just minutes from where I am doing my clinicals so I stopped by to visit on my way home this week.  She is still very weak but she is in good spirits.  I hope she gets better soon.

Kim's brother Dave seems to be doing better.  He seems to be getting stronger and less fatigued.

On Friday Kim and I celebrated our 34th wedding anniversary. It is almost staggering to think of how many things we have experienced in our life together.  I literally fell in love with Kim the first time that I met him.  I can't imagine life without him.  He makes me laugh and treats me so kindly.  I look forward to the next 34 years with him!

We decided to celebrate our anniversary by going to  the Desert Star Playhouse.  We have heard from several people how fun the Desert Star is and really looked forward to going.
On the road, ready for a good time.
On the drive to Salt Lake we had a great discussion, talking about fun memories that we have had together and discussed where we would like to go on our next vacation together.  Since we were early Kim wanted to drive to South Salt Lake to visit the Woodcraft Shop, however once we hit downtown traffic we realized that we would never make there and back in time for the show.  Kim happened to mention that his car was having issues and we started exploring different options. Should we invest the money to fix his car? Should we use the money to buy another old car to replace it? Or should we use the money as a down payment on a newer car for me to drive and let Kim have my car to drive to work.  Next thing I knew we were at Mark Miller Subaru.  Unbeknownst to Kim I had spent some time during the last week researching used Subarus online.  I had looked at prices, payments, models, etc.  We walked into Mark Miller, told the salesperson, Chris, that we had exactly one hour and asked what he could find for us.  Kim just said he was there to look pretty and let me do all of the talking.  We didn't know this before, but apparently Mark Miller Subaru Iis a dealership where none of the salesmen are paid on commission.  There is no negotiating, a fact that I am very comfortable with.  They show you the car and the price and you agree.

To make a long story short, 90 minutes later I was the proud owner of a 2013 Subaru Outback!


We then drove off in my new car to the Desert Star Playhouse.  The Playhouse specializes in parodies of famous plays.  Our show was:

It was a great comedy.  A lot of audience interaction which is something that both Kim and I love.  The seating is cabaret-style tables and you can order dinner to eat while you enjoy the show.  We shared the table with Cameron and Kylee, a couple who were celebrating their 7th anniversary.

The show was great!  We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.  So much so that we decided to by tickets to the rest of the performances for the year.  Quite often Kim and I get so busy that we don't take time to go on dates and now we will have to make the time, at least four more times this year.

There were several places for photo-ops in the waiting areas of the theater, I think Kim found the best one!
Saturday we had to leave early to drive to Farmington for Kalel's gymnastic meet.  My dad decided to come with us so that he could see Kalel tumble.  Kalel did a good job again, taking a 2nd place out of 5 on the floor and a 3rd on tramp.

Shandra has a friend with a baby.  She always seems to find an opportunity to steal the little cutie while at the meets!


It was a long day, so I left after lunch, before Kalel's tramp event, because dad was tired and wanted to go home.  Kim stayed with Shandra to cheer him on.

I have been coming down with a nasty cold so I welcomed the chance to come home for a nap!  In fact, I was feeling so rotten that I even stayed home from church today.  I think I must have taken at least 4 naps during the day!  Hopefully I will feel better so I can go to work tomorrow.  

Just a bit ago Shandra called and said that Kalel cut open his head and asked me to run down to see it needed stitches.  

It was long, but not too deep so we decided just to superglue it together.  He was a real trouper and didn't make any fuss while we were gluing it together.  I'm sure glad that it wasn't worse.



THIS WEEK I AM GRATEFUL FOR:
Spending the last 34 years in marriage with Kim.  Although we have had many trials and struggles I can't image my life without him.  We share lots of fun memories.  He always makes me laugh.  He loves me.  We are sealed together so we can be together throughout all eternity - is there anything better?






Comments

Jodi said…
Great post!
Kalel is a stud!!! Wow!
Happy Anniversary!!! We will be married 34 years this year too! 1982 was a good year! :)
Wow a new car, just like that! That is hilarious! That is the only way to do it though. Just get er done!
Okay I am so loving how you end each week in review with what you are grateful for that I might steal your idea for my Monday Memos! LOVE IT!

Popular posts from this blog

March 2021

Fun Day With Bubba

Mom is Coming Home