Week In Review

So, I was hoping for a week with good health for all, however I should have known better.  After taking a sick day on Sunday I have steadily and joyfully improved with just a slight lingering cough and a voice that cracks as if I were a boy in puberty.  Kim got hit hard Monday.  He was much worse that I was, cough, pain in his lungs, etc.  He ended up taking the rest of the week off work.  Wednesday night he was up all night with severe abdominal pain, and the next day he went to see Dr. Dave.  Diagnosis:  pneumonia and possible gallbladder disease.  A course of antibiotics and gallbladder tests at the hospital were next on the agenda.  It will be next week before we get the test results.

The arrow pointing to the pneumonia
Kim's brother, Dave, remains at the University Hospital undergoing rehab from his stroke.  Apparently after some additional testing they have found that he has some damage to the "executive suite" of the brain.  Basically it means that he has difficulty with some cognitive and memory functions.  They told him that he would probably not be able to go back to work and that he would probably need a lot of supervision for the rest of his life because there is a good chance he could leave a stove on or something that could be dangerous.  He also is struggling with some slight paralysis on his right side so he is not able to walk unassisted at this time.  He continues to struggle with extreme fatigue.  I am struggling with this latest information.  It just doesn't seem fair that he went through everything he did to get a new lease on life with a new liver just to be knocked back down with a stupid stroke!  I am not doubting God's wisdom, I am just having trouble accepting it.  I miss Dave, he is one of my very favorite people and I don't like what is happening to him.  I am so worried about his family and all that they are having to deal with right now.  My heart just hurts.

Thursday while I was at clinicals it snowed - HARD!  Everything was covered in snow!  I was hoping that we would finally be finished with snow this year, but it was not to be.  However, it was a quick storm and by evening there was no sign of clouds and the roads were dry.  Friday turned out to be warm and sunny (YIPEE!) and Kalel and RaeLynn had a wonderful time playing out side.  Most of the snow had melted.

And best of all - I saw some crocuses peaking up towards the sun!


The highlight of my week was my monthly lunch with Karen, JoNelle, and Ashley.  I love that they are able to do their visiting teaching with me and Ash at the Grist Mill each month.  We have such a great time!  I just wish that I could remember to take pictures!

That evening we spent some time at the Olsens house since Doug and Lori were visiting from California with their family.  We had a marvelous visit.  I could just spend hours and hours visiting with the "California Olsens".  Abby was telling us about some people she knows who are really good at Couple's Yoga and showed us some of their pictures.  Of course Kim and I couldn't pass that up without demonstrating our yoga talents.

It was amazing how the minute we started really getting into the yoga zone we were immediately transported to a beautiful Hawaiian beach that just enhanced our yoga abilities!  (Thanks to Jodi for supplying the beach)




Aren't we fabulous?  Ok, truth be told it looked more like this 
But we had a marvelous time and apparently were quite entertaining to the rest of the family.  We just about had them rolling on the floor with laughter.  Of course we were just rolling on the floor - due to lack of coordination!

Saturday was BJ's angelversary.  It has been 12 years now.  Time is so strange - in some ways it feels like it was only yesterday but it other ways it feels like he has been gone forever.  He has now been gone over half of the years he was alive.  I have really been struggling this year in that I feel like I am having trouble remembering him.  It feels almost like a a very real dream, one that you are not sure if it happened or not.  I spent a lot of time looking at scrapbooks this week trying to capture the feeling of the "realness" of him, but it has eluded me for some reason.  There are vague impressions, but nothing tangible.  I also hate the fact that I have to just look at the same pictures of BJ over and over.  There are never any new ones.  He never ages or changes.  I wonder if it would help if I had a memory party where everyone came and just shared memories of him.  I don't know.  But honestly I'm not sure that it would make much of a difference right now because I seem to be feeling a disconnect to everything.  I have a very strong testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel and know that Jesus Christ is my Savior, that is still there.  But I feel very detached from the church.  I also feel very detached from all of the things that I usually enjoy doing.  Everything just seems to take way too much energy so I find myself just wandering around the house looking for something that I never can seem to find.

I'm pretty sure that I am just smack-dab in the middle of my winter depression, so I'm trying to just take one moment at a time and bide my time until spring comes.  Did I mention that I really hate this time of year?

Anyway, Kim and I just had a really lazy day on Saturday.  Just did a lot of nothing.  Kim still wasn't feeling very well so we just hung out watching t.v.  It was nice to just relax.  I did check social media occasionally throughout the day and in the afternoon my computer stopped working.  After some research I discovered that the hard drive had died.  DANG!  I hate getting new computers and trying to make sure that I have all of the information that I need.  It is a good thing that I have had an outside source backing up my computer - we will see how well it works when the new computer arrives.




THIS WEEK I AM GRATEFUL FOR:
Memories




Comments

Camilla said…
Hello Audrey! I just wanted you to know that I was thinking about you on Saturday. I can't imagine the feeling of loss and heartache you must feel still. BJ's personality was just so "larger than life" and that empty space must feel very painful. I admire your faith and testimony so much. I'm convinced that the amazing mothers like you who experience such a loss receive extra help and strength from heaven. It always seemed to me that BJ loved his family, and that you guys had a LOT of fun together. What a blessing to have a family like that!
Jodi said…
Oh Audrey, I am just sick inside. I can NOT believe I missed BJ's birthday. I can't say I forgot because I don't remember dates anyway....my phone does that for me. Unfortunately, about six months ago I lost EVERYTHING on my phone calendar and I have nothing ...no birthdays, anniversaries, yearly events, and no BJ's angelversary! I did remember it was coming up about two weeks ago, but didn't stop and figure out what day it was. UGH! I am so upset with myself! I KNOW how much it means to get that treat. I KNOW that you look forward to it all day as I do but this year you waited and waited and it never came. And not the next day or the next. I am just so sorry! It hit me yesterday when I saw Shandra posted something on BJ's page. I do have it made now and I tried to deliver it tonight but you had a million cars in front of your house and I figured if I dropped it off tonight you guys wouldn't get any for yourself so I will drop it off tomorrow.
I am just SO SO SORRY! Please forgive me! I am glad you and Kim were together on the day though. LOVE YOU.

Popular posts from this blog

March 2021

Fun Day With Bubba

Mom is Coming Home