Week in Review March 6

I started the week off with a bad day!  Sunday I spent the day filled with anxiety and depression.  It was a rough day,  I did make it through church, and even had nice time teaching my family history class.  This round I have been asked to teach the "Ma's and Pa's" who will going on the Trek with the youth this summer.  I think it will be a good class with a wide variety of skill and knowledge.  After church when Kim left, I pretty much just fell apart.  Who knows why.  Luckily "Fuller House" the sequel to the 1980's sitcom "Full House" had just come out on Netflix.  I sat all evening and watched the entire season in one shot.  It helped and I felt better the rest of the week.

Shandra has a new schedule at school where she has class until 9:00 on Monday and Wednesday nights.  Since we both have to leave very early the next day (at 5:00) I decided it would just be easier for me to keep the kids overnight so she doesn't have to pick them up so late.  So, Monday night Kalel, RaeLynn, and I had a fun slumber party!
Kalel needed to do some reading, so he read a book to RaeLynn.  It was so cute!  I ended up having Rae sleep with me in my bed and Kalel in the spare room.  However before going to sleep we all watched the movie, "Home"  together.  It was pretty cute!  

Shandra and I went to Zupa's for lunch.  It is so nice having her go to school so close to my work so that we can spend some time together.  Zupa's is always a great choice!
Last week I lost the hard drive on my computer.  This week my new computer came and I spent hours and hours getting it set up and restoring my files.  WHAT A PAIN!  I'm so very glad for computers, but when something goes wrong I want to hit them with a sledge hammer!  It takes so long to find and organize files again!  And of course there are many that are just lost.  This computer came with the new Windows 10, so I have to relearn how to use it again.

Friday Ash, Tammy, Marilyn and I had a fabulous lunch at Taco Time.  I don't ever seem to have enough time to spend with the people I love, so it was so great to share that day with them.

Tammy was kind enough to join me for a short visit with dad.  I played the tribute video I made for dad's 80th birthday.  He sure does enjoy watching that!  He especially enjoys the music because it is the old "car" songs that he used to listen to all of the time.  I remember him playing the Shut Down record all of the time when I was growing up and I was so glad that I was able to obtain the songs for dad's video.  Tammy was a great sport and watched it with us.

That afternoon we headed down to Saratoga Springs for Kalel's gymnastic tournament.  We decided to get just one room big enough for all of us and we hit the jackpot!  We stayed at the Hyatt in Lehi and it was a fabulous room for a very reasonable price.  We will look at staying there again.  It is located near some outlets stores so Kim and I stayed with the kids while Shandra and Jason went window shopping.   Kim had "Fun Ways to Die", a very silly game, on his phone.  So we all took turns playing.

 I also added a fun app on my phone that ages people.  Kalel had great fun making us all look old. It was so funny!  We laughed and laughed!  Some of us definitely age better than others!
RaeLynn

Audrey

Shandra

Jason

Kim

Kalel
Kalel did well at this tournament but missed some key elements so his scores were a little lower than before.  Hopefully he can work on improving those elements.

After getting home from the tournament we joined Mont and Marilyn for a birthday dinner form Marshall at Peach City.  I can't believe how old Marshall is getting!  14 years old!  Mont and Marilyn sure do raise fantastic kids!


We spent a little time this week visiting with Kim's brother, David.  He has moved into an apartment in Perry that has no stairs.  He is doing well but has a very long recovery ahead of him.



THIS WEEK I AM GRATEFUL FOR: cars that get us where we need to go.

Comments

Jodi said…
Sounds like a fun and busy week! Your life is packed!
Hang in there sister! You will start feeling better soon! Spring is always promised!

Popular posts from this blog

March 2021

Mom is Coming Home

Fun Day With Bubba