Week in Review 4/17/16

Julie drove up and met Rox and I for lunch this week!  It was so fun!  I haven't hung out with Rox for a long time.  We decided to do it once a month - AND we even put it on the calendar!  Julie is so entertaining.  She spent most of the time telling us of a study she is reviewing for accreditation that focuses on specific parts of the male anatomy.  The way she tells it sounds like she is a teenage kid who is embarrassed by the facts of life instead of a highly educated doctor of pharmacology!  We were just about rolling in the isles!  We also discussed the fact that Rox has achieved a great job as the controller of a large corporation - and she doesn't even have a degree.  She is GOOD!  It was nice to share lunch with these two great ladies!  
I came home that night exhausted from a long day of pulling together resources, writing syllabi, and arranging assignments for the next semester.  I felt just like being a bum, so I curled up in my favorite chair - a hammock - and enjoyed the talent demonstrated on "Dancing With the Stars".
Cynthia hooked me on DWTS while I was camping out at her house last fall.  I seriously enjoy the fantastic dancing on the show.  I am astonished at the hard work the stars put into the show.  It is incredible how they look like they really struggle at the first of the week, but by performance time it is AMAZING!  This season there is even a contestant who is totally deaf.  He can't even hear the music, he just watches his partner to keep on time.  WOW!
I booked our flights for out trip to San Diego over Memorial Day.  Kim has gone carving over Memorial Day for many, many years.  However this year he has decided not to go for several reasons.  Number one is the fact that Dave is not up to going this year and Kim doesn't want to go without him.  Also, the Jamboree is not the same as it used to be.  Many of the regulars have retired or have dropped out of the carving circles.  Since Kim isn't going carving he decided to visit Tasha and Zane.  Of course I have to tag along!  Tasha also wants us to bring Kalel, so we got him a ticket also.  He was so excited when I told him that he was going to visit his Tia!  He just squealed in delight!  Tasha and Kalel have very special bond.

I went visiting teaching to Peggy this week.  My partner couldn't go, so Peggy and I just had good visit together.  We had such a good visit, we started laughing and just couldn't quit!  I really do love visiting teaching, I have gotten to know so many great people that I wouldn't have gotten to know without it.  I know that it is an inspired program.

Speaking of visiting teaching, I was really looking forward to meeting Karen and Jonelle for lunch on Thursday.  They had agreed to meet me at Zupa's in Ogden so that I could go back to work.  However that day turned out to be a very wet and soggy day.  It rained so hard that there was standing water on many of the roads so we decided to postpone until a better day.  I was sad because I enjoy those lunches so much!

Friday Night - Date Night! (not always, but I'll take it when I can!)  And date night is even better with great friends.  We picked up Mont and Marilyn and headed to Yogurt Factory for a fun treat.
Just love the Parrishes!
It looks as if Mont just a sour pickle! 
The next night we had another date!  (I know - two in a row!  Setting a new record!)  This time we joined Ashley and Tristan for burgers and shakes at Peach City.  Soon Shandra and Rae joined us for a fun party!

Ashley and Kim hip bumping at the register!
Ashley and Kim kept us all entertained with funny stories and antics.  The food was yummy too!  It was a nice end of a long day at work at the hospital.  While I was at work Kim sent me this fun picture along with the the text:  "Check it out!  May miracles never cease!"
Yes, it is a miracle!  Kim, my beloved husband, the man of my dreams, actually made the bed!  It may not be showroom quality, but I am unbelievably thrilled!  Since Kim and I rarely sleep at the same time because of his shifts at work, it seems that the bed is continuously occupied.  When it is not occupied it usually unmade and messy.  This week I had mentioned how nice it is to get into a bed that is well made with all of the wrinkles smoothed out - and he listened!  How I love that man!

I visited with my dad today.  He is always so happy to see me!  He has been keeping busy lately polishing his shoes.  I don't think he has polished shoes in 20 years or more, but he found his polishing supplies and decided to do his shoes.  They look amazing!  All shiny and new.  It never ceases to amaze me at how he keeps himself busy and occupied.  He is never bored.


THIS WEEK I AM GRATEFUL FOR;  My husband who is truly Christlike in the way that he helps and cares for others, including me.

Comments

Jodi said…
Sounds like a riot at your lunch with Julie and Rox! LOL
I love Dancing with Stars too but Dave does not and so I rarely get to watch it....I forget it is on on Tuesday when he is gone. I hsould set my phone to remind me! haha
Who did Kim's quilt? I'm assuming it's his of his tshirts? I need to do one of my race shirts but I don't really want to do it myself and the ones I have priced are so expensive to have someone do it for me.

FUN date nights too! How exciting to go to San Diego again!

Popular posts from this blog

March 2021

Fun Day With Bubba

Mom is Coming Home