Food 4 Thought Friday!

Food Thought Friday!



A little feast without the calories!! 

Please visit Jodi's blog!  She posts these for us.   Feel free to play along for some yummy fun! She will post a new one each Thursday night.  JOIN IN!!! 

Food 4 Thought Friday ~ This week's questions:

 ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ 

Breakfast ~ Have you ever won a trophy?  What for?
The only trophy I remember winning is for baton twirling.  I was quite the twirler in my youth.  Unfortunately, my instructor moved so I quit taking lessons.

Lunch ~ Have any question answered, what would it be?
Wow!  That is very broad . . . I think that one question I would love to have answered is why so many elderly people often end up reverting to a state where they no longer are able to care for themselves?  A state where they seldom have anything left, including their dignity.

Dinner ~ What did you do on the 4th of July?  What are some of your traditions for the holiday?
We ended up camping with family for the 4th of July.  When the kids were young we always went camping over the Independence Day week and we loved it.  Life happened and it has been many years since we went camping.  It was good to go again.
Until we became empty nesters we never missed the big fireworks event at Pioneer Park, but now we are old fuddy duddies and just stay home.

Midnight Snack ~ What is your favorite bumper sticker?
I don’t really like bumper stickers, so I don’t have a favorite.

Recipe for the Week ~ (instead of your recipe for life, what is it just for the week?)

Comments

Jodi said…
Absolutely LOVE the Yoda quote! I want that hanging in my house somewhere!
Glad you got to go camping! How fun! We haven't been camping for ages! I think I agree with your lunch. It is pretty sad that we live a good life and our reward is to get old!
I wish I would have known you when we were younger and we could have twirled baton together! I spent so many hours practicing that thing! Sometimes I wonder what for. Do you ever think about that? Was the time worth it? I did make a good income from it for about 6 years or so as an instructor, but sometimes I wonder if the things we learn and do in our youth is worth the time. Then I thought, well it keeps us out of trouble and teaches us discipline and maybe that is the point. Sorry - totally rambling!
Thanks for playing!
Audrey said…
At least you made some money from your twirling talent! I just had fun with mine. We should find some and see if we could still perform well.
Jodi said…
I still have mine! If I can find them! Somewhere in my basement in a tote I'm sure! We could perform for the next ward talent show! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! What a laugh that would be!

Popular posts from this blog

March 2021

Mom is Coming Home

Fun Day With Bubba