Week in Review July10, 2016


Our Independence Day was very low-key this year.  We packed up our campsite and arrived home before noon.  My car was filthy so I hurried and washed it.  I haven't washed a car by hand for years, it was actually quite enjoyable tolerable.  And it felt good to get all of that dirt off of it.  I then headed right for the shower and then literally fell in bed for a good long nap.  Kim stayed and helped Mark take and dump the trailer.  I told Ash to call me when she was ready to clean it and I would help.  She didn't call and I fell asleep.  I guess she didn't wait for me and cleaned it herself and then she fell into a coma-like sleep - 4 1/2 hour nap!  Robin said that she did the same thing.  Camping is hard on people!

After naps Kim and I just were lazy all the rest of the day.  Sitting in the cool, air conditioned house felt so good that we absolutely did nothing constructive.  Kim watched some tv (his favorite show right now is Blue Bloods) and I of course found something entertaining on the computer.  As soon as it got dark we actually headed to bed.  BORING - OLD FOLKS!  Yep! We have reached the age where we are too lazy to go to the city's firework display.  We heard them and didn't even look outside.

I remember when July 4th was a fun day filled with tons of activities that we looked forward to each year.  There were community breakfasts, games, and softball and a parade.  Kim played softball in a tournament on the 4th for many years.  The day was never complete without joining thousands of people at Pioneer Park to watch the spectacular firework display.  I wonder what happened to us?

The rest of the week was pretty much uneventful.  It was nice that I didn't have to do any labs this week and that I completed my last clinical for the semester.  I did take my sister, Robin, out to lunch on Wednesday to Sizzler.  She has been laid off from her job and won't be working in Layton anymore.  I'm sad that I didn't make more time to do lunches while we worked so close together.  She is really struggling with the ramifications of no job.  My heart hurts for her.
 Saturday I decided to take an impromptu trip down to see Cyn and her new house.  She just bought a house in East Layton with her sister.  It is so good having her live so close again!  We had a very enjoyable visit together.
Kim and I decided that we needed to have a date, but neither of felt like going out and spending a lot of money so we downloaded a Hidden Object game on the computer.  It is one of my favorite things to do, and surprisingly Kim likes them too.  We ended up playing for over 4 hours!  It was so nice to spend with just him for one evening.  I really like spending time with him.

I'm getting ready to start up my next Family History class.  They announced it in Sacrament Meeting last week but no one contacted me so I was a little discouraged.  Troy came by and together we decided to send around a sign-up paper in all of the meetings today and I was so surprised by the response!  In fact, I may even have to make some of those who signed up wait until the next session.  I'm glad the people are liking it.  I am certainly enjoying the class, and I have learned a ton!



This week I am grateful for:
Dates with my husband

Comments

Jodi said…
Okay Audrey, next year we will have to drag you with us to the fireworks! I dread that day is coming way too soon where that will be Dave and I not going or caring. It's amazing what an empty nest will do to ya! haha
I think it's so sweet how you and Kim enjoy each other's company so much that you can play a game for four hours. So tender and sweet!

Popular posts from this blog

March 2021

Fun Day With Bubba

Mom is Coming Home