Food 4 Thought Friday


A little feast without the calories!! 

Please visit Jodi's blog!  She posts these for us.   Feel free to play along for some yummy fun! She will post a new one each Thursday night.  JOIN IN!!! 

Food 4 Thought Friday ~ This week's questions:


It's All Complimentary!
Breakfast ~ What is a compliment you have received that you still remember?
Just a few weeks ago I received a gift and a note from some of my recent students.  They all complimented me on the teaching I had done in their class, stating that they really learned from me and that they appreciated my teaching techniques.  
I work very hard to teach in a way that will help the students learn and retain the information they will need to practice in the real world.  These compliments mean the world to me!
Lunch ~ Do you compliment others often?
Not nearly as often as I should.  Most days I am so oblivious to the world that I just don't notice things.  But if I do notice then I try to compliment.
Dinner ~ How do you usually react when given a compliment? 
I used to justify the compliment with "oh, it's nothing" or try to turn the compliment into something that wasn't about me.  But as I have gotten older (and wiser) I now just say, "thank you"  I feel that it is rude to not accept a compliment, and it doesn't need to be justified.  
Midnight Snack ~ What would be the greatest compliment you could receive and why? 
I think that the greatest compliment that could be given to me is that I am a good person.  I worry all of the time that I am not good enough, that I should be kinder or more helpful or less selfish - because I know that I really need to work on being better.
Recipe for the Week ~ (instead of your recipe for life, what is it just for the week?)

Comments

Jodi said…
I loved ALL of your answers! That's awesome your students gave you a gift and a note. That right there shows you how valued you are as a teacher! Aren't you just loving that you are living your dream?
THANKS FOR PLAYING!

Popular posts from this blog

March 2021

Mom is Coming Home

Our 3 Minutes of Fame