High School Class Reunion

I'm not sure that I understand how time has passed so quickly!  I was just able to attend my high school class reunion.  They tell me it was a 40-year reunion, but I don't feel that it can be possible - considering that I have decided that I am only 35 years old.  Will wonders ever cease?

This reunion was very low key - no formal planning or fancy activities.  We all just met at a park and brought our own picnic.  I didn't know if I would enjoy the lack of organized activities, but it turned out very nice.  It was scary at first when I didn't know if would recognize anyone and I was very glad that Tammy and Mike joined us.  It made the first initial moments much more bearable.  It was also nice to have Kim there since he knew many of the people there.

Once I started warming up to the situation I found several people to talk with.  It ended up being a very nice afternoon.  It was fun to do some reminiscing and catching up with people I haven't talked with for quite some time, as well as with good friends I see frequently.

We gathered everyone to take a picture of all of the class members there.  I'm pretty sure that it will be difficult to see any difference between this picture from the pictures in the year book of 1977.



40 Year Class Reunion  1st row: Kathi Michaels, Donna Clark, Julie McArthur

2nd row: Ramona Conrad, Cathy Gillman, Colleen Hirschi, Donny Ayotte, Tami Davis, Lori Ensign, Todd Hugie, Susan Smith, Carrie Thompson, Rand Williams

3rd row: 
Leon Jensen, Jeri Sant, Beth Oyler, Jeanine Woodland, Audrey Duerden, Wendy Gougler, Kevin Nelson, Joan Stanger, Lloyd Poelman, Lori Rehm, Leslie Johnston

4th row: 
Kami Jenson, Gail Hansen, LeAnna Sorenson, Linda Dowdle, Sue Ann Loveland, Jana Knavel, June Ross, Ronda Bickmore, Wendy Williams, Nancy Nicholas, Kevin Lane, Kevin Averett

5th Row:
Harper Johnson, Alan Kotter, David Anderson, Dennis Larsen, Clark Beecher, Niel Nickolaisen, Mike Clark, Keith Williams, Jeff Hardy, Kelly Compton

Others who came either before or after and aren't in the picture:
Tami Nelson, David Layton 

After the group photo, everyone started forming groups of those attending elementary school together.  I attended Bunderson from the middle of 3rd grade through 6th grade. There weren't many people there from Bunderson, but I was invited to join the Foothill group since I attended Foothill first, second, and half of third grades.  We shared some great memories from when we were very young.  It was surprising how much we remembered from the times we were only 6, 7 & 8 years old!  It was very fun.

The Foothill Group
Cathy Gilman, Audrey, Carrie Thompson, Donny Ayotte, Colleen Hirshi, and SueAnn Loveland

I am so glad that I decided to attend.  Memories and friendships are very important to me and even though I was nervous, it was absolutely a great decision.

Comments

Jodi said…
Wow! I will have to show this to Dave!

Popular posts from this blog

March 2021

Mom is Coming Home

Our 3 Minutes of Fame