February 2019

Wicked

Wicked, what more can I say.  One of the very best productions I have ever seen.  This was my third time seeing it, and I was not disappointed.  The incredible talent of the performers never ceases to amaze me.  I could listen to them sing all day long!  Tammy and I went down together and met up with Cyn, her sister April, and mother, Shearer at Cheesecake Factory for a great brunch.  Fun, fun, fun day!

After dealing with all of the craziness lately, we sisters were more than ready for a Sister's Retreat.  There were no condos available at Wolf Creek, so we drove up to Bear Lake.  Roxane and I drove up together.  The weather was cold but absolutely beautiful as we drove through the canyon.  It had been storming most of the week before but the sun was shining as we drove.  I really dislike winter, but this drive almost made me like winter.

We decided that we would take ourselves out for dinner.  Since it was winter there weren't many restaurants to choose from, but fortunately, Cafe Sabor was open.  We had a fantastic Mexican dinner.  Our waiter was a ton of fun.  It was great to spend time with Rox and catch up with no stresses.



Robin, Ashley, and Julie made it up the next day.  After they arrived, a major storm hit.  Bear Lake got a bunch of snow, and the average temperature was 3°.  It was awful outside, but we were warm as could be in the condo, so we didn't even leave our warm, cozy rooms.  Luckily for us the storm ended right before we left at the end of the week and we had another gorgeous drive home.


Roxane was in charge of crafts again.  She had us make scarves with loopy yarn.  It was really fun!  Rox also gave each of us a beautiful bracelet with our initial and "big sister" "middle sister" or "little sister" on each one.  What a sweetheart.


We had a terrific time together - much-needed relaxation and belly laughter.  Julie enjoys cooking, so she made sure that we ate good, healthy food to go with our mountains of chocolate and Dr. Pepper.


I love these times with my sisters.  We laugh together, we cry together.  We fight and we make up.  We are sisters.

Kim suggested that we spend our anniversary this year at the condo, so 3 days after arriving home from the Sister's Retreat, Kim and I headed up to Wolf Creek for a very nice, relaxing, anniversary.  It seems that since I started working out of town and Kim switched to straight graveyard shifts we rarely spend down time together.  I love that we had this chance to just enjoy each other for a few days to celebrate 37 years of being married.  It never ceases to amaze me how fast time flies!  Looking backward I am so very grateful to have found this man who makes me happy.  37 years later and I am still very much in love with him!


We got together at Chilies to celebrate Robin's birthday.  We had a fabulous dinner, I ordered Porterhouse steak for the very first time and that was a big mistake because I don't believe that anything else will ever measure up.  It was AMAZING! We had a great time.  Roxane recently quit her job and is only working one day a week at a quilt shop.  She is loving life with much less stress. It also gives her time to spend with Robin and Ashley making decisions about home decor and such.  I am just a little jealous, I must admit.  I'm so glad that I have to opportunity to get together with my sisters so often!

Tasha's booth at the farmers market was great!  She did sell several cookies, but even more important she got several orders and good contacts.  She is so talented!  And I am so proud of her that she doing something that she loves.



Comments

Jodi said…
Tasha is incredibly talented! That is NOT easy and she has such a gift!
Glad you had fun with your Sisters!
What app do you use to collage your photos on here? They are all so cute!

Popular posts from this blog

March 2021

Mom is Coming Home

Our 3 Minutes of Fame