September 2019

School Update
After completing one semester of the DNP (Doctor of Nursing Practice) program at Grand Canyon University, I ran into some snags with my practicum site approvals and the school made me withdraw for a few weeks in order to get things straightened out.  Needless to say, I was majorly disappointed.  First, I had momentum and didn't want to delay my progress, second that meant that Amber would be moving on leaving me behind.  However, as often happens with trials, I realized that this was a blessing in disguise.  As I pondered my options, I realized that a DNP was not the degree that I really wanted.  I love nursing and everything about it, but my heart is truly attached to the education and teaching of nursing.  A co-worker suggested that I look into a program at Liberty University and it felt right.  I decided to change my focus to education and curriculum development.  I compared the program at Grand Canyon with the one at Liberty because I didn't really want to change schools, but the program at Liberty was a better fit with my goals - AND the best part . . . Liberty just changed its program to require a project instead of a dissertation!  That was the clincher!  Writing and defending a dissertation has been one of the biggest reasons I was hesitating to get a doctorate degree.  I'm looking forward to the implementation of a project that I can work on with the school I work for.  So, I pulled out of GCU and started over again at Liberty.  Unfortunately, it will take me a year longer to complete, but I feel good about my decision.  Classes start next month.

Kim and David to Doug's house
Doug has been working on finishing some remodeling projects at his house in California so he and Lori can sell it and move to Utah, but it has been slow going.  Kim and his brother, David, decided to fly out and help him work on the house during Labor Day weekend.  Doug says they got a lot finished, but I think that they were just having a great time together.  Those three are quite the characters, and they love spending time together.

Peach Days
I didn't participate with Peach Days much this year, just a Peach Day Scrooge I guess.  I did go to the kiddie parade to watch Kalel march with his school and I did take one trip around the park to see the vendors.  I got one dish of peach cobbler, but other than that I just stayed at Kim's mom's house and visited with family.


Little Miss at 13 months


Kalel's Science Experiment

Kim's Memes
Almost every day Kim saves his favorite memes, so I decided to post some here to so our posterity will know what he finds important!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March 2021

Fun Day With Bubba

Mom is Coming Home