June 2020 - Coronavirus & Chaos Continue

This month has been crazy!  It seems as though the whole nation has gone wacko!  After the killing of George Floyd, riots have continued to pop up everywhere.  Many people have demanded the defunding of the police.  Signs and chants of "Black Lives Matter" are present in all of the media.  Political allegations are being thrown out everywhere.  

Governments started opening up places that had previously been closed due to COVID-19.  Many people were excited to be able to socialize again.  Reports of huge gatherings for Labor Day and other gatherings, most without masks, made me a little worried.  Needless to say, the number of infected people has risen exponentially!   In April and May Utah was averaging less than 200 new cases diagnosed each day, by mid-June there were over 500 new cases diagnosed daily.  It seems that the population is split on how to deal with it, many people want the state to shut down all non-essential businesses again and to require masks and sheltering at home.  Many others are worried that the economy will crumble and want everything to open.  Many people for various reasons feel that life should just go back to normal and are refusing to wear masks.  It is a very confusing time.

June 8 -  Four days ago it was 97 degrees today the high is 57 degrees!  You just never know what to expect from Utah weather!

We were so excited to go back to church!  Plans were made to ensure that it was safe, with each ward in the stake taking a different week and time.  Our ward was scheduled to go on the third Sunday of each month in two different sessions so that there were never more than 100 people there. Unfortunately by the time our week came around the COVID new case numbers were so high that our Stake Presidency made the decision to postpone returning to church.  Needless today I was very disappointed, but safety is the most important.

The same thing happened at my school.  They allowed us to go back to do labs on ground and were moving towards returning some classes to the campus. we were able to go to 3 labs with everyone wearing masks and cleaning really well. It was nice to see the students face-to-face, but it was exhausting to talk for hours with a mask on.  But then we had a situation where there were two exposures to students and staff and on June 25 the decision was made to shut down all of the campuses completely.  Fortunately, many of the students were still able to complete their clinical rotations at the hospitals. 

For my birthday this year, we made plans for Cynthia and her sister to come up for a day of games and chimichangas, however with the rising numbers of COVID cases, as well as Shandra's fear of exposing people at her work, we canceled the plans and just played games and watched movies with the family.  It was a good day, even though Kalel made brownies that didn't quite turn out, but I sure miss my friends!

While cleaning out his mother's house, Kim found the dress that his mom wore at our wedding. Kalel, being the cute smart Alek that he is decided to try it on.  I think he looks very pretty!

Little Miss is so active and so animated!  Here are a couple of her latest pics.


I have wanted to try hair extensions for a very long time, not for added length, but for volume because my hair is so thin.  I guess the time arrived.  Shandra consented to do all of the work because I didn't have a clue.  She decided to surprise me by adding a couple of blue strips, which has been really fun!  I can't believe how much thicker my hair is!  I love it!  I'm not sure why I'm not smiling, because I really am happy!


After several years, the work to replace the deck has finally begun!  We got the old deck torn down and the cement pad removed.  Hopefully, we can get it ready to build the new deck soon!
We still need to get the siding on the back of the house so that it doesn't look so yucky, but that is for another time.

I finally got together with my sisters to sort through the old money that dad, and mom, had collected over the years.  There was a lot more than I had expected!  A lot of really old coins, some back to 1890, but really worn and not worth more than face value.  It was really great to see it and sort it all out.  Now I know what Kim and Dave have been doing for so many days at with his mother's coins.  However, her supply of coins is much more massive!  They have spent hours and hours and hours going through her coins and still aren't done.  I had a great time with the sisters, we shared some great memories and laughed and laughed.  I'm so happy to have Roxane, Robin, and Ashley as my sisters!

Kim's memes for June

 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March 2021

Fun Day With Bubba

Mom is Coming Home