January 2021

A New Year:  Still Enduring a Pandemic 

2021 began without much fanfare.  Covid-19 is still holding the world hostage with stay-at-home orders and mask mandates.  The first Covid vaccines hit the market, and Shandra got her first dose.  It is interesting to hear the different opinions on the vaccines.  Many people feel that they were rushed out too fast and that they either won't work or that they will have side effects that will cause problems down the road.  Some people feel that the World Wide Fast called by President Nelson last summer provided help from the Lord for the scientists to develop the vaccines so quickly (that is my opinion).  And weirdly enough, there are people who believe that the government is going to use the vaccines to inject tracking devices or something into the people so that their every move will be monitored.  Needless to say, social media is having a heyday with all of the differing opinions. Many people are fighting against masks and social distancing and many people are fighting for them.  Our school is still going to be online this semester, for which I am glad.

Game Night:  My sisters and I decided that we needed to get together once a month for a game night with Corbin, Tristan, and Kalel.  We decided to meet on the 2nd Wednesday of each month, order pizza, and play games.  What a great way to stay close as a family!


Kim to Tasha's: Zane and Tasha have decided to install a gas fireplace in their living room.  Zane designed shelving to cover the full wall and surround the fireplace.  They asked Kim to fly down to help them build the shelving.  Kim had a wonderful time building with Zane and of course playing with his grandson!


Crazy Kids

Burying brother in bags!


Is she trying to stow away for a trip?

New car

I have absolutely LOVED my Subaru Outback, but it suddenly started having issues with the battery draining for no reason at all.  We purchased a new battery and checked all of the circuits but found no reason for the frequent dead battery.  I did some research on the internet and found that there had been multiple reports of this happening yet no one seemed to come up with a solution.  Even the dealer service centers had no idea.


Since I travel back and forth to work so often (or I will once Covid is over and we return to campus) I feel that I need to have a reliable car.  I don't have time in the mornings for a dead battery, and I am often alone at the campus in the evenings and wouldn't have anyone to jump-start the battery.  I didn't want to trade in my Subaru, but I felt that it was necessary.  So, I started looking.  I found a 202 Kia Sportage with only 16,000 miles in Pocatello, Idaho for a great price and decided to buy it.  Robin and Roxane are both driving the very same car, and they love their cars which helped me decide to get a Kia.  Funny thing - both of my sisters' cars are white - and so is mine!  Ashley's Honda SUV is white also so when we all get together it looks like a white SUV convention!

Eagle Gate's Graduation again was virtual.  I'm not sure that the students had a great experience.  It is really too bad that Covid has made it so that the students couldn't have the celebration they deserved.  

Kim's Memes for January





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March 2021

Fun Day With Bubba

Mom is Coming Home