Volleyball

I just LOVE playing volleyball. I especially love playing with people who are tons of fun and like to laugh! There is something that volleyball does for me that nothing else can. There is no greater feeling than digging or blocking a spike or hitting one hard. I love the confidence I feel when I am serving well. I look forward to each match and secretly hope that even if we are winning that we will lose one of the games so that we have to play three games for the match. I never had any formal training, never played on an organized, competitive team - just lots of church ball and city recreation - but over the many years that I have played, I think that I am learning a little, and maybe even getting a little better.

This year, we have an incredibly fun team, Marlene, Lorie, Jody, Bridget, Shandra, and Stephanie. In fact, I think that we must be a lot more fun than good because throughout the season we have consistently held on to last place! I thought that there may be a chance that we would lose our last place status tonight - but, whew, we were able to pull off the loss and retain our rank in the basement.


You know, it is great to win - I like it a lot! But, laughing is so much better than winning that given a choice, I would play with this team forever, regardless of the fact that we are bottom dwellers, because they are so much fun! I am so very grateful that I have the opportunity to play a game that I love with people that I enjoy so much! Isn't life grand?

Comments

Doran & Jody said…
Ya know that digging, blocking, spiking and hard hitting.......we ought to try that sometime.
Audrey said…
Why should we try when we do so well in our imagination?
Chelsea said…
I am terrible at volleyball but will play whenever I get asked to!

Popular posts from this blog

March 2021

Mom is Coming Home

Fun Day With Bubba