Intermountain Donor Service 5K

This year, even though I really wasn't in shape (just got through with finals, remember), Shandra and I decided to run the Intermountain Donor Services 5k Fun/Run. I love doing this run because we do it in honor of BJ each year. The first year that I ran this race was in Salt Lake, and it was huge! over 700 participants. Because it was so large, they decided to divide it into two courses, and the last two years we have run in Ogden. The participation in considerably smaller in Ogden - I think that there were only about 50 participants, but it is still a lot of fun with very little pressure.

The course starts at the stadium at Weber State University and goes along Skyline drive. It is a beautiful run. This year instead of going around the Dee Events Center, we ran down to the front of the campus, almost to Harrison, all along the west side of the campus, and then finished by running all the way back up the hill to the top of the stadium. Needless to say, the last part was a KILLER! The entire way up I kept repeating to myself, "this is nothing - think of what Jen had to do for the Wasatch Back", but it didn't really help! I'm pretty much a wimp!
Even though we had to walk most of the way up the hill, we made it to the finish line. I honestly didn't care about my time because I knew that I wasn't in great shape, and I knew that the hill killed me, and I knew that I was slow. It was just fun to do the run, honor BJ, and spend the time with Shandra. We decided not to wait around for the prizes because we knew that we were pretty slow, but since it was Shandra's first run, she really wanted to know her time. Imagine our surprise when we got our time cards.

Yes, Shandra placed 11th overall - 3rd in her age group, and I placed 1st in my age group! WOW! Shocker!

Obviously we changed our minds about waiting for the prizes! I won a gift certificate to La Forrevia and some Ogden Raptors tickets. How fun is that! What a great day!

Comments

Hey! congrats! That is awesome! So proud of you guys!
Jen said…
You're so awesome! Great job! You need to not think of me when you're running. I'm the first one to say, let's take a walking break!

Popular posts from this blog

March 2021

Fun Day With Bubba

Mom is Coming Home