Mother's Day Dinner

We have started a grand tradition in my family. Instead of stressing to find just the right gift for our mothers, we have started just going to dinner together to celebrate Mother's Day. When I called my mom to see if she was okay with dinner instead of gifts again this year, she replied, "Oh Yes! I was so hoping that we would!" It is such a fun evening. Only moms are invited - so our group included mom, my 3 sisters, Roxane, Robin, and Ashley, as well as Shandra and my niece, MicKenzie.


Robin did surprise mom with a special gift, however. Many years ago mom wrote and illustrated a children's book called, "Marblehead". It was never published, she just kept the pages in sheet protectors in a binder. Robin stole the book, scanned the pages, and sent to Blurb for publishing. It was terrific! Ashley read it to all of us there. It was a perfect gift.

We had so much fun, eating, laughing, and sharing old stories! This will be a tradition I will look forward to every year.

Comments

Doran & Jody said…
Great memories and fun family!

Popular posts from this blog

March 2021

Mom is Coming Home

Fun Day With Bubba