September Challenge Day #15— Record something that happened in the last week.


This week I was hired as an adjunct clinical instructor for my nursing school!  As you may know, I have great aspirations to spend my golden years as a nursing instructor.  It is something I have wanted to do since I first started nursing.  I love working in the hospital setting and know that I am learning valuable skills as well as enjoying the chance to care for patients.  I'm not ready to give that up yet.  However, this opportunity is perfect to start getting my feet wet as an instructor.

It is only for a short 7 week rotation, one day a week, which is perfect to see if it is a good fit for me.  I'm excited that I will be working with new nursing students who will be undergoing their first clinical experience - the first time working with live patients!  I remember how nervous and scared I was for my first clinical!  It wasn't that long ago for me, so hopefully I will be able to relate well with the students.

And yes - that is one more thing on my plate to make me a crazy woman, running from task to task.  But I couldn't turn down this wonderful opportunity!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March 2021

Fun Day With Bubba

Mom is Coming Home