September Challenge Day #16--What are some Health Days you've faced in your life? What are you currently doing to be healthy?

Knock on wood, I have been pretty darn healthy most of my life and have not had many days where I was down and out.

When I was in 5th grade I did have my appendix taken out.  Unfortunately in the "olden days" they didn't know much about laparoscopic surgery, so I have a great big scar running down my stomach that is not very attractive!

I had my share of sprained ankles and sports injuries, but experienced  very few broken bones.

My first broken bone was when I was in 8th grade I was playing "crack the whip" and I got CRACKED!  Fractured my collar bone and had to wear a very stinky brace for 6 weeks.

My next broken bone was after I was married.  I broke a piece off of the knuckle of my finger while I was playing volleyball.  Unfortunately I repeated this break two more times and now my finger is permanently crooked.

I experienced many sick days while I was pregnant with my three children!  I didn't spend too many mornings vomiting, I just felt like I had to for months and months on end.  And with my third pregnancy I even lost quite a bit of weight because I couldn't eat. I couldn't even eat chocolate! I remember once I was trying to eat an M&M and it just sat on my tongue for a long time.  I never did swallow it!

I did have an endometrial ablation several years ago, a surgery in which a laser is used to burn off the lining of the uterus.  It was done to treat dysfunctional uterine bleeding, and I haven't had any other problems since.

My biggest health issue right now is that I am not a healthy eater and I haven't exercised regularly.  However, just last week I joined a gym and have plans to start exercising regularly.  I am also trying to eat more fruits and vegetables (but struggle with it) and to avoid eating fast food (not making much progress).  I do take a multivitamin each day and I eat flax seed regularly.

Comments

Tasha Hunzeker said…
I am so proud of you for joining the gym! You are being such a trooper :)

Popular posts from this blog

March 2021

Fun Day With Bubba

Mom is Coming Home