September Challenge Day #30 --Record about the cars you have owned

My life journey, as documented by the cars I have owned.

My very first car was a gift from my parents when I turned 18.  It was a 1970-something red Dodge Dart.
It looked something like this - but without the stripe and fancy wheels.
Next I bought myself a fun little red Honda Civic.  I sold it to my sister after I got married.
She wrecked it soon after she got it.
Kim and I bought our first car together soon after we were married; a brand-new gray Chevy Cavalier coupe.
Imagine this as a dark gray color
Kim attended a school auction and bought an old 1951 yellow Ford pick-up for a screaming deal!  He paid only $75 for it!
Kim's truck was painted school-bus yellow!
After started having kids we decided that a two-door car just wasn't going to cut it so we bought a red Plymouth Reliant K station wagon.
Add caption
Kim's yellow pick-up needed some work, so he traded it for a 1957 brown one.
Add caption
As our family grew we soon found that we wanted to join the ranks of Utahans with mini-vans and we traded the wagon for a  blue Chevrolet Safari van.
Add caption
The brown truck served us well, but soon it was time to upgrade to a Ford Bronco.  That Bronco had the misfortune of rolling down a mountain.

However it survived the fall, had cosmetic surgery, and received a new coat of paint.
Several years later it was in another accident, but this time our poor Bronco did not survive.
Kim replaced the Bronco with another blue Ford pickup.
Ours is all blue
When BJ started driving I bought myself a 1998 Pontiac Grand Am.  I loved and drove that car for 11 years!

 In the end it had some interesting quirks - the fan would only operate on "3" meaning that it was basically off or on full blast - the gas gauge would go from full to half, and then back up to full again!

After BJ bought his own car, we picked up a white Corsica for the incredible price of $600!

 Kim drove it to work for awhile and then it became the girl's car.  By the time that Tasha was driving it was a PERFECT car for a teenager (at least in a mother's opinion).  That car would stall if it was driven over 50 MPH for more than 5 minutes, so we knew that she couldn't ever leave town!

After Shandra moved out she bought herself a brand-new car and sold her gold Mazda 626 to her father.  He is still driving that car.

For several years I have wanted to buy a Subaru because of its stability in the snow, and last November I found a 2004 Subaru Outback that I bought for a really great price.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March 2021

Fun Day With Bubba

Mom is Coming Home