Hurting Heart




Sometimes I just can’t stand it when I think about how badly the people I love are hurting.  I know and understand that we are given trials so that we can learn, grow, and especially learn to rely on the Lord for help and comfort.  That makes sense (even though I don’t like it).  However, my heart just hurts so much when I see people struggling with difficult situations – especially when there I can’t seem to find the time or the resources or understanding to help.  It makes me wonder how the Lord can bear it, knowing that there are so very many people who are sad.  With His expanded capacity to love, His heart must ache all of the time.
I love these scriptures
D&C 121:7-9  My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment;
  And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes.
 Thy friends do stand by thee, and they shall hail thee again with warm hearts and friendly hands.


D&C 24:8 -Be patient in afflictions, for thou shalt have many; but endure them, for, lo, I am with thee, even unto the end of thy days” 

Comments

Jodi said…
HOW does He stand it? It baffles me. I guess it's because He sees the big picture so for Him it's easier to bear knowing that things will all work out. I am just glad He still has empathy for us while we are suffering though. Great post!

Popular posts from this blog

March 2021

Fun Day With Bubba

Mom is Coming Home