Perpetually Exhausted!

I don't have much to say today, but wanted to write.  The reason I don't have much to say is because I don't have much in the way of free time right now.  I am working at least 2 days a week at the hospital, 12+ hours a day (the last shift was 19 hours) and doing clinical instruction for two 12 hour shifts a week.  Plus I am on call one day and have the potential to get called to work one more shift a week.  Yes, I am absolutely exhausted!  Needless to say, my house is a disaster and needs a good cleaning.

No, I'm really not complaining, ok I am, but not too loudly, because I am happy.  I get to go to work and see the miracle of a new life almost every shift.  I get to work with nursing students who are improving their skills and increasing in knowledge every day.  I have a wonderful husband (who is also exhausted because he has been working 60 hours per week for the last two years.  It doesn't matter that he is on the graveyard shift and I almost always end up working on his days off, because we talk on the phone several times a day and still are good friends.  I have a wonderfully beautiful daughter who is working diligently to obtain straight A's in college while raising a precocious, yet adorable, 8 year old.  She also is a very talented hairdresser.  My grandson is the most precious little boy on the planet!  He is so fun and so smart!  And he is a wonderful caregiver when I babysit him on his late nights at school.  I almost always fall asleep and he covers me with a blanket and puts himself to bed!  (I never said I was a good babysitter!)  I have a marvelous daughter who lives in California and is my best phone buddy.  She is an accomplished masseuse and works at a prestigious resort.  My son-in-law is awesome and lots of fun!  My son is in heaven - a place I long to see!  He is surrounded by people who love him.  I have great friends, too numerous to mention, but are all very dear to my heart.  I live in the most fabulous ward and have the best calling ever of choir director.

I am a daughter of God and my brother, Jesus Christ, atoned for me.

So, I'm not complaining, I am just tired!

I just heard this great quote:


Comments

Jodi said…
Holy cow woman! You need some rest! But you do have so many blessings and THAT my friend is WHY you are tired! Blessings can be exhausting! hah But you do exhaustion well. You are living your dream! How many can say that? Hang in there...it WILL slow down sometime!

Popular posts from this blog

March 2021

Fun Day With Bubba

Mom is Coming Home