Graduation from Western Governor's University

Because they are an online, global university, Western Governor's University holds graduation ceremonies only twice a year.  There was one in February in Orlando, Florida but we didn't feel like we could make that work.  We decided that the Salt Lake graduation would be much more convenient.  So, even though I finished all of my course work and received my diploma almost a year ago, my graduation day finally arrived.  Unfortunately things were crazy and hectic and since I was feeling a little trepidation about attending the ceremony where I literally did not know one person, I made the hard decision to not attend the graduation ceremony.  I did purchase the cap and gown because I knew that I would be wearing them while attending the graduations of all of my students.

Since I had all of the gear I elected to have my own celebration.  The Parrishes took Kim and I out to a movie (Mission Impossible - again) and to dinner at Idle Isle.  I then put on my attire and took pictures.  Probably not as good as the real ceremony, but it was fun nonetheless.




Jason and Shandra told me that I looked like a dragon with the tail thing at the end of my hood, so I posed like a dragon.  What is with that thing anyway?

It is so strange to think that I actually accomplished such a feat!  When I think back at just a few years ago when I began the journey I had no idea where it would take me.  At the risk of sounding boastful, I am totally amazed at what I have accomplished!  Who knew?

Comments

Jodi said…
CONGRATS!!!! I really think you should have walked! But I understand totally why you didn't.

Popular posts from this blog

March 2021

Fun Day With Bubba

Mom is Coming Home