Duerden Christmas Party

The Duerden Family Christmas party was at the Olsen's this year.  We moved all of the furniture around so that we could fit 3 tables for our traditional turkey feast.  It was so yummy!  Zane's friend, Hector, joined us and made Mexican Horchata for us - I must have drunk a gallon myself!  I attempted to create Sally's (my boss) ribbon jello.  It wasn't perfect, but it tasted great!  Zane was in charge of rolls and he was amazing!  He make wonderful rolls without even a recipe.  Of course we had to have our traditional Pistachio Pudding Salad.  

After dinner we took down the tables in preparation for the Nativity and game time.  
I read the Christmas Story from Luke and the kids used stick puppets to act it out.  It is always one of my favorite parts of our Christmas Eve.  Honestly it makes me a little sad that some of the kids and family don't understand the importance of Christ's birth.

GAME TIME!





Tasha, Hector, Zane

Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures of the first game where we drew a Christmas picture on a paper plate on top of our heads.  Needless to say we ended up with some pretty interesting drawings!

We then played a hilarious game where you put an Oreo on your forehead and try to get it into your mouth without using your hands.







Oh my gosh!  It was hilarious! The faces everyone made while trying to move the Oreos were killer!

After the games it was time for the gifts.  In order to open their gift each person had to finish the words to a Christmas Carol.  Most everyone did great, but there were a few close calls!  I think the gifts were all well thought out and perfect to each recipient this year.

I'm so glad that we have our fun traditions that we share with family.  I just love my family!


Comments

Jodi said…
What a fun family you have! The Oreo game looks like a winner!

Popular posts from this blog

March 2021

Fun Day With Bubba

Mom is Coming Home