Food 4 Thought Friday

Food Thought Friday!
 







A little feast without the calories!! 

Please visit Jodi's blog!  She posts these for us.   Feel free to play along for some yummy fun! She will post a new one each Thursday night.JOIN IN!!! 


Food 4 Thought Friday ~ This week's questions:
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥   
BACK IN TIME

Breakfast ~ What occupation did you want when you were a child?
Believe it or not, I wanted to be a doctor.  Either that or an airline stewardess.  I guess that shows that I have always had a love of medicine as well as an urge to travel.

Lunch ~ Name a few favorite memories of your elementary school days. 
(This is one of the very few positive winter stories I have) I used to love it when it would snow really hard and the plows would make mountains of snow on the playground blacktop.  I loved to climb to the top and play “King of the Hill” or lay on our backs and slide down the hill using our slick coats as a sled.
I remember that we used to practice doing handstands every recess for years.  I wonder why none of us ever got any better?
One of my favorite memories is that after lunch our teacher would read a book to us while we sat quietly at our desks.  I loved that reading time.  However, I also remember how embarrassed I was when the teacher read “Where the Red Fern Grows”.  I cried and cried.

Dinner ~ What is one smell that brings back memories from your childhood and why? 
Hmmm, honestly I can’t seem to remember any smells.

Midnight Snack ~ Who was your best friend in elementary school?  
First – third grades my best friend was Colleen Hirschi.  In third grade we moved and my best friend became Sue Davis.  We were inseparable!  We played together every day and we slept at each other’s houses almost every Friday night.  I remember that her mother used to tell us over and over that we needed to quit giggling, but we couldn’t seem to do it.
Junior High? Sue was still my friend until she moved away during 7th grade.  After that I don’t think I had just one “best” friend, but hung out with a lot of different people.
High School? In high school I became great friends with Tammy Lott and Gaylene Garrett.  We did almost everything together.  We were all about drooling over boys, listening to good music, dragging main, and dreaming about stars like Sam Elliot (The Lifeguard).  I also spent a lot of time with my good friend, Jody McMillan.  We would make no-bake cookies all of the time!
College?  My best friends in college were my roommates, Jody McMillan and Kim Richardson who were from my ward, as well as “Toby” Cheryl Little.  Toby lived next door to my grandma in North Salt Lake and when we found that she was attending Dixie, we invited her to live with us.  It was one of the best decisions ever made.  Toby and I are still good friends, although we don’t see each other much anymore.


Recipe of the Week ~ (instead of your recipe for life what is it just for the week?)  This is totally me!

Kim's Answers . . . . . .  . . . . .  . . . . .  . . . . .  . . . . .  . . . . .  . . . . . 

Breakfast ~ What occupation did you want when you were a child?
I honestly don’t know but probably a fireman or forest ranger.

Lunch ~ Name a few favorite memories of your elementary school days. 
Being two blocks from home and one block from my mom’s work.

Dinner ~ What is one smell that brings back memories from your childhood and why? 
Pine - because when we were kids we used to go get pinecones and then cook them in the oven to make them open up so you could get the pine nuts out.

Midnight Snack ~ Who was your best friend in elementary school?  Randy Miles.  He died in a car accident the summer after sixth grade.
 Junior High? Jeff Freeze
 High School?  Dan Kennedy, Jeff Freeze
College?  My wife.


Recipe of the Week ~ (instead of your recipe for life what is it just for the week?)  Keep on swimming, swimming, swimming

Comments

Jodi said…
I could see you as a doc! Glad you are a nurse though! I loved your memories of school. Isn't it interesting what sticks out in our minds? Your memories sparked a few more of mine! How lone were you at Dixie? Were you by chance still there in 1980? I was there then. :)

YAY! Kim played! I did not know that's how pine nuts were harvested. Interesting! I could totally see Kim as a fireman or a forest ranger!

GREAT ANSWERS THANKS FOR PLAYING!

Popular posts from this blog

March 2021

Fun Day With Bubba

Mom is Coming Home