Week in Review

Tuesday when I walked outside I heard a rustling in the trees next to our house.  When I looked up I was surprised to see not one, but four turkeys roosting in the trees!

It was amazing!  These turkeys have been hanging around our neighborhood for quite some time, but I didn't realize that they roosted in the trees!  I didn't even know that they fly.  They are huge.



I went to a dermatologist to have him look at a few spots on my face that I worried about.  The one I was most worried about turned out to not be anything to worry about, but the doc said that I had two pre-cancerous spots.  I decided to have them frozen, one on my eyebrow and one smack-dab in the middle of my cheek.  As he was spraying the one on my eyebrow I felt as though I was being stuck by a bee, about 10-15 times!  However I was brave and tolerated it well.  The one on my cheek was a different story!  I'm not sure why, but IT HURT!!!!  I almost crawled off of the table!  It was BAD!

24 hours later the spot on my eyebrow doesn't hurt and you can't even see it.  However the one on my cheek . . . . . . . .
 Look at the size of that blister!  It is about the HUGE!  and it is sore!

Friday, my coworker, Brittani to me to a Vietnamese restaurant to have Pho for lunch.  I had never had the opportunity to have Pho before, and Brittani assured me that it is fabulous so I decided to be brave and give it a try.
  Pho is a Vietnamese noodle soup, consisting of broth, linguine-shaped rice noodles balled banh pho, a few herbs, and meat.  We ordered ours with brisket and meatballs.  Apparently the brisket is sliced very thin and is placed into the broth raw and it cooks at the table.

I'm glad I gave it a try.  I can't say that it is my favorite food, but it wasn't bad at all.  And now I feel that I have been culturally enlightened!

DAVID IS HOME FROM THE HOSPITAL!  Again, what a miracle!
Obviously this is picture taken before he got so sick
We stopped by to visit him at his mother's house.  He looks so much better than he did the last time we saw him!  He will have to be extremely careful for the next few months because he is on immunosuppressants to help prevent rejection of the liver so he will most likely be seen with a mask over his face.

Later that afternoon the family headed to Salt Lake.  Kalel had a gymnastics meet early the next morning at Salt Lake Community College and the weather was threatening snow so we decided to head down on Friday and stay in an inexpensive motel close to the college.

We headed to Denny's for dinner.  I got blueberry pancakes that were yummy.  After dinner Jason ordered me me and him each a chocolate molten lava cake.  I was much too full to eat it, but I made the mistake of tasting it and then I couldn't stop!  It was literally the best I have ever had!


Back at the motel we had a good time just hanging out.  Cyn drove over and brought some games.  We played for a bit but didn't stay up too late because we knew that Bubba needed a good night's sleep before his competition.


The next morning we headed out in plenty of time - good thing we did because  we were unpleasantly surprised to see that we had a flat tire!  And I mean FLAT!  We didn't want Bubba to be late so Kim and I shooed Shandra, Jason, RaeLynn, and Kalel into their car and off to the competition.
Luckily for us, Kim's work had just given him a "car safety kit" the day before.  Inside we found a can of tire sealant.  Kim squirted it into the tire and we limped over to the nearest gas station to fill it with air.  Again we were lucky that there was a gas station right next door to the motel!
We made it to the competition in plenty of time to see Bubba compete. Kim took the tire to a repair shop to get it fixed between events.



Kalel did so good!  He got FIRST PLACE on his floor pass and 3rd on tramp.  He is becoming very skilled at gymnastics!


Shandra found a baby she could hold and play with during the competition.
Kim, aka "the baby whisperer" helped the little cutie to fall asleep.


After the competition we stopped and had a great visit with our good friends, Kevin and Julie.  Kevin is looking pretty good.  Apparently this most recent medication he is trying (bi-weekly infusions of approximately 7 hours each) seem to be working well.  He is just exhausted and has no appetite.   


    We had such a good visit with the Johnsons.  They are truly family and I love them so much.

Comments

Jodi said…
This is so fun to see your week in review! Those turks are everywhere! I hear there are 200 of them in Mantua! Free to shoot, only not really free....costs $40 for a permit! Cheaper to go buy one already plucked and ready to eat!
Hope your sore is healing!
Kudos for eating that Pho. WHAT IN THE HECK IS PHO? Now the molten lava cake........bring it on! Now I have to go to Denny's just to get one of those!!!! Impressive moves of Kalel! He is very talented! WOW!!! And first place! COOL!

Popular posts from this blog

March 2021

Fun Day With Bubba

Mom is Coming Home