Food 4 Thought Friday



A little feast without the calories!! 

Please visit Jodi's blog!  She posts these for us.   Feel free to play along for some yummy fun! She will post a new one each Thursday night.  JOIN IN!!! 

Food 4 Thought Friday ~ This week's questions:

 ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Breakfast ~ What are three staples you always have in your fridge?  Pantry?
There is always milk in my fridge – if there isn’t I go into panic mode.  In my pantry there is always cream of mushroom soup.

Lunch ~ What is one dinner you remember most from you childhood and why?
One of the most vivid memories of a dinner is one where my mother made liver.  Now, I HATE liver!  The flavor is awful and the texture is worse!  I remember sitting there trying to figure out a way to get out of eating it when my mother got up from the table to go in the other room for something.  All of the sudden my dad (who ALWAYS ate whatever we had) stood up and grabbed the garbage can and said, “quick, everyone throw the liver in the can before your mother comes back!”  I don’t remember if mom ever found out.

One of my favorite dinners was when mom made taco salad.  She didn’t like her meat seasoned, so it was just plain hamburger meat.  The best part was that we got to crunch Dorritos on our plates as the base and then we sprinkled the meat, lettuce, cheese, tomatoes (and onions for everyone else).  We always poured ketchup on top – to this day I always eat ketchup on tacos.

Dinner ~ What is one thing you like to know about someone else?
I would like to know how others balance their lives – their time, their money, their spirituality, their fun activities as well as their work.

Midnight Snack ~ What was the best and worst thing of your week?
The best thing of my week was watching a friend get an answer to prayer and realizing how much God loves each and every one of us individually. 
The worst thing of my week was having my debit card declined – how embarrassing!  The worst part is that there is plenty of money in the account and I don't know why it declined, so now I have to call the bank and figure out what happened.

Recipe for the Week ~ (instead of your recipe for life, what is it just for the week?)


Comments

Jodi said…
I think Cream of Mushroom soup must be a staple in every Mormon's home or you can't be a true member! hehe
Liver? EW! My mom used to make it too (with onions) and my Dad loved it but I refused to eat it! so funny that your Dad told you all to trash it!
Our dinner's are the same.
Love your recipe! So true!
Thanks for playing!

Popular posts from this blog

March 2021

Fun Day With Bubba

Mom is Coming Home