Week in Review 8/21/16

Kalel started school this week – 4th grade!  He is growing up too fast!  Because his mother had to work,  Kalel, Raelynn, and I had a night-before-school slumber party.  Of course after playing some games, we had to have ice cream cones before bed!


I just love those two little munchkins!

Kalel's teacher this year is Mrs. Broersma.  She was born in Germany.  Kalel says that he really likes her.  I'm still having trouble believing that he is old enough to be in 4th grade.  I remember a very long time ago when I was in 4th grade - I thought I was so grown up!  And now Kalel is there.

Shandra posted the following on her FaceBook page:

This little monster told me he got kissed last year at school by his girlfriend. I said that's not okay! He said " look at me! Who could blame them" ..... I'm in trouble!!!!!!

The next day she posted:

"Don't worry, my 9 year old baby boy just told me ..in the first week of school .. a girl he likes gave him her number today.... And he gave her his back.... (Which happens to my my number) ... Isn't he too young for this crap?!?!?"


He is such a cute kid . . . and he knows it!  The girls in his school all think he is hot stuff, and he relishes the attention!  However he is also a very kind and sensitive kid who cares about the feelings of others.  He is usually happy (except when his temper gets the best of him) and really fun to be with.  He is thoughtful and inquisitive.

 He often asks me questions about the temple and tells me how excited he is to go when he gets older.  The other day he was saying something about his mother drinking coffee and causally mentioned drinking coffee when he gets older.  I told him that he couldn't get a recommend to go inside the temple if he was drinking coffee at which point he promptly informed me that he would never drink coffee if it would stop him from going to the temple.  





My dad's confusion seems to be clearing up a little since he is staying more hydrated, but just to be on the safe side we decided to remove all of the ammunition from his house.  He used to reload bullets and so he had quite a collection.

My poor car groaned with the weight of it!  He spends several hours each day polishing and shining his rifle stocks. The look so nice!  We feel that it will be safe to allow him to continue doing that just as long as there is no ammunition in the house.  We have also made the decision to have Ali's Angels come more frequently.  They have been coming 3 times a week to make dinner for dad and also to keep him company, do some light housekeeping and laundry, and also to check in on him.  We are now going to have them come every day and stay for an hour each day.  He absolutely loves their visits!  I think this will be a good plan.

Friday night Tammy and I went to see Addams family at the community theater.  It was a good play and the characters played it well.  It was a musical so that made it even better.  I was very impressed at the actress who played "Wednesday"  she never cracked a smile throughout the entire performance even though much of the play was a comedy!  Such talent!

I love going to plays, it really makes me happy, especially musicals.  We are so lucky to have such great talent in our community and surrounding areas.

Sunday morning I got up early to start getting ready for church.  It didn't take me much more than a few minutes to realize that my stomach wasn't feeling very happy, so I laid back down to see if it would calm down.  When Kim got up he found me fast asleep on the couch.  I was not feeling any better so I called and cancelled my Family History class.  It was a good thing I didn't have to play the piano for Relief Society today  After the call, I laid back down and promptly fell asleep.  I awoke when Kim got home from church, but quickly drifted off again.  I got up when he left for work, but soon decided that I needed another nap, so I left Kalel upstairs watching a movie and I went back downstairs to lay on the bed.  The next thing I knew it was pitch black in the house and I couldn't hear any noise from the t.v. upstairs.  I flew upstairs to check on Kalel, but he wasn't there!  Apparently I am NOT a very responsible babysitter.  I called out to Kalel, but there was no answer.  I quickly called Shandra to confess that I had lost her son.  She just started laughing and said that she had come in over an hour before to pick him up.  She even had him come down to give me a hug and say good-bye - I hadn't even noticed!  Apparently I was so sick that I just needed plenty of sleep.  Needless to say after realizing that Kalel was safe and sound my next biggest concern was the fact that I was to leave for St. George at 8:00 the next morning!  What if I was too sick?  All in all I figure that I slept over 17 hours in a 24 hour period.


THIS WEEK I AM GRATEFUL FOR: A nice, comfortable bed.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March 2021

Mom is Coming Home

Fun Day With Bubba