Music

I love music, various forms of music. I love to listen to the radio when I am driving, frequently changing stations to match the mood I am in. I love to have background music on while I am working - in fact I am often the only person who notices when there is no music playing! I love to play loud music when I am doing dishes or vacuuming. I like to put children songs on and dance and sing with my grandson. I like to play dance music and pretend like I am a famous dancer (or at least a graceful one) while dancing around the room. I love to put on slow music and dance with my husband. I thoroughly enjoy playing the piano while my girls sing (I just wish that I could play well enough that they could REALLY sing) - especially Christmas songs. I love musicals. I love to sing, in choirs and other groups, and alone - even if I don't know the words or can't remember the tune. I love to sing church hymns and spiritual music and feel the emotions as the Holy Ghost bears witness of truth through music. Music is a very important part of my life, and I feel very blessed to be able to enjoy it.

Recently I was asked to conduct a small choir of Young Women and Relief Society sisters in our ward for a Stake Women's Conference. I'm really not sure why I was asked other than the fact that I had led our Young Women in performing this same song in a Sacrament Meeting. I have no formal musical training, and I usually only hear the alto part of a song - not the rest! However our YW preformed this piece so beautifully I can understand why the Stake wanted all of the women in the stake to hear it. The song is entitled "Steadfast in You" by Jenny Phillips. It is a wonderful piece of music in which the singers recommit themselves to being steadfast in being true to the Lord and His commandments. Our Stake RS President, Bonnie Hortin, asked us to include a couple of violinists so I asked Heather McCarrey and McKell Compton to help us. Becky Collins is our accompanist.

I feel such a great honor in being able to lead this choir in this song. It is beautiful, the choir sounds wonderful, and when we add the musical instruments I get chills running down my spine.

Isn't music incredible?

Comments

Jodi said…
You forgot to mention DONNY? lol

That song gives me chills when we sing iT! IT is going to be so beautiful! You are awesome!

Hey I tagged you on my blog!
Jen said…
I love music too! I loved being in Primary with you when you were the "singing lady". You were so good and I love knowing those songs testify of gospel truths and the kids will never forget them. Then in Young Women's you did it again. I also love how you bear testimony so strongly of the importance of the words. You're awesome! I tagged you too on my blog. Check it out if you get a chance.

Popular posts from this blog

March 2021

Fun Day With Bubba

Mom is Coming Home